PDA

View Full Version : Trying to help out recent storm victims in my community

g35_coupe
05-25-2013, 01:23 PM
Didn't know where to post this so hope General Discussion is okay.

As many of you know, Oklahoma got hit with a lot of tornadoes this past weekend with Moore being the worst area. We live in Edmond and had a couple of close calls on Sunday, which were enough to get in our storm shelter, but the closest touched down about 8 miles away. Moore got hit the next day and the damage is unfathomable especially with the loss of lives, many including children. A lot of people who lost everything are actually uninsured. Why they're uninsured is beyond me but it's not my place to judge or question given the circumstances. We've had a huge response from large companies and wealthy individuals giving significant monetary donations. Even a lot of small, local businesses are pitching in with free services, contributions, discounts, etc, which is simply awesome.

Ultimately, I've decided to donate 100 percent of my headlight restoration jobs for 30 days to help out. I'm in no way able to match the contributions from the larger guys but any little bit helps. The favor I ask is this (and I hope it's not against the forum rules): to share my donation post on my Facebook business page if you're on Facebook or Twitter. You may not be local but someone else down the line who sees it may. Thank you and please keep our Oklahoma families in your prayers.

BillE
05-26-2013, 08:12 AM
You Sir are a gentleman!

I do hope the guys that 'work for pay' will join with you in your effort.

OT: That is a true natural disaster. I was watching the whole thing unfold on TV, and I was just sitting there with my mouth hanging open. Damn scary to have been in something like that.

Bill

g35_coupe
05-29-2013, 11:12 PM
Thank you for your kind words. The city of Moore looked like a war zone. The great thing is so many people have come through and we're hearing about contributions through the media on a daily basis. Very hopeful many of these people get back on their feet.

pixelmonkey
06-03-2013, 10:02 AM
good karma!

everyone's OK here in Mustang after the Friday night storms.

still going to have to meet up with you
chris<pixelmonkey>:D

Bigds2012TT
06-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Thats truly awesome that you are doing that! My family and I were in our shelter for 45 mins. First time I've ever had to do that and I've lived in Oklahoma for 34 years. When the weatherman said "take immediate cover Yukon", that was the first time I was actually ever scared of a tornado. Thankfully it lifted before it came through Yukon. Hope all on the forum from Oklahoma are ok and safe.