PDA

View Full Version : Rinseless Wash Media

Pages : [1] 2

WRXINXS
05-25-2013, 07:29 AM
I believe I am ready to try my first rinseless wash on some very lightly dirty cars.

What wash media is best for a rinseless wash? I have a few Cobra Micro-Chenille mitts and a Lake County Blue Sponge on hand that I could use, although I am afraid the LC blue sponge might be too rough/stiff on the soft Japanese paint systems I am working on. I wish I had a bone sponge on hand because that seem to be a rinseless favorite around here.

I will be using either UWW+ or Blackfire Rinseless (I have them both). I might pre-spray with UWW+ as a presoak before the actual rinseless wash.

Also, when drying, I assume I could add some spray wax/drying aid to the panel and the waffle weave drying towel for extra lubrication?

Anyone have any favorite videos on how to properly do a rinseless wash? I think I found a good one here that even talks about a presoak with waterless wash: How To: Rinseless wash your vehicle. - Autopia Forums - Auto Detailing & Car Care Discussion Forum (http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/detail-institute-presented-autopia-carcare-com/37262-how-rinseless-wash-your-vehicle.html)

Thanks,
Drew

mg6045
05-25-2013, 07:37 AM
IMO medium nap MF towels are the best. something like the gold plush jr's.

take about 12 and jam then in the wash bucket and just use one for each panel.

my previous media was the uber wash sponge. but I found the dedicated towel for each panel and better technique.

Setec Astronomy
05-25-2013, 07:43 AM
IMO the best to use for rinseless are media that don't absorb huge amounts of water (i.e. that don't have a big sponge inside). That means MF towels, etc. Other than that I don't think the actual material of the media matters that much, it's more your personal preference. I have some old Meguiar's QD sponges that are like The Bone but the sponge has deteriorated so they are pretty flat, I use them most of the time for rinseless.

swanicyouth
05-25-2013, 07:57 AM
I like the 605 gsm towels from MicroFiber Tech the best (green).

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/25/4y2usyhe.jpg

For some reason, they just seem perfect.

SYMAWD
05-25-2013, 08:13 AM
I prefer a mirco-fiber chinelle wash mitt that I wash with a grit guard in a second bucket after each panel or panel section.

jlax2485
05-25-2013, 08:51 AM
600 GSM eurow shag microfibers....perfect for rinseless and cheap enough.

Edse30
05-25-2013, 09:57 AM
I've used MF towels, wash mitts, chenilles, sponges and I really like the grout sponges you can buy at Lowes of HD. They're cheap, soft and hold enough solution for each section and have millions of pores for the dirt to go into.
I think it's more personal prefference and your technique is more important in getting results. Try a few and decide on your own.
BTW, after you try a (good) rinseless wash, you wont go back to traditional washes except for extremely dirty cars.

G35
05-25-2013, 10:26 AM
I have a few micro chenille mitts from AG. What would be the best way to use them during a rinse less? I think I have at least 4. Or maybe the initial wipe with micro chenille and follow up with shorter nap microfiber towel?

Pureshine
05-25-2013, 11:40 AM
I use ether towels or Meg's MF wash mitt.

WRXINXS
05-25-2013, 11:59 AM
Wow thanks for the suggestions guys!

poweraid
05-25-2013, 12:20 PM
I like the blue angora from Corey/carpro .
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/26/y9uzate3.jpg

middle right side

wytstang
05-25-2013, 01:16 PM
Actually used Opt mitt this morning and I'm pretty happy with it. ONR seems to make my sheep skin mitts shed really bad so I gave their mitt a try. Worked as advertised and it was designed to be used with a rinse less wash in mind.

silverfox
05-25-2013, 05:36 PM
MF towels are made to "pick up". Sponges are made to "soak up ". For my money and my paint's wellness, only MF towels for rinseless washing for me. Specifically 600 weight.

I want dirt picked up...not liquid soaked up.

BradsDetailing
05-25-2013, 08:00 PM
Purchased some of those borderless mf blue/green towels a while ago and noticed some really small linting going on to the point where it's so small it's hard to remove the fibers. Anyone else getting this? Don't mean to thread jack

Y2KSVT
05-25-2013, 08:40 PM
I've used MF towels, wash mitts, chenilles, sponges and I really like the grout sponges you can buy at Lowes of HD. They're cheap, soft and hold enough solution for each section and have millions of pores for the dirt to go into.
I think it's more personal prefference and your technique is more important in getting results. Try a few and decide on your own.
BTW, after you try a (good) rinseless wash, you wont go back to traditional washes except for extremely dirty cars.

I'll agree with this entire statement. I've been using the grout sponges from Lowes for quite a while and haven't had any marring issues. At $1.98 each, they can't be beat.