PDA

View Full Version : No lying. Let's be honest.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

WAXOFF
05-24-2013, 09:33 PM
How many of you have skipped buffing and waxing the roof on a big SUV?

jlax2485
05-24-2013, 09:34 PM
I will put some wax on the roof but will not buff because the roof is not flat (lots of ridges)

cardaddy
05-24-2013, 09:36 PM
On my own, yes. (But eventually get around to it every time.)

On a customers, (if they are paying for it) NO.

poweraid
05-24-2013, 09:47 PM
on my 4x4 , buffed , opticoated and forget it

VAS
05-24-2013, 09:50 PM
Yea, not buffing it.

BlackHawk
05-24-2013, 09:51 PM
as far as waxing goes, ill be honest its not a pleasant haha usually end up using something like a spray wax or a spray sealant :D Gotta put something on the roof!

hernandez.art13
05-24-2013, 09:56 PM
Due to my disability, if I can't reach over on my tippy toes. I don't have the courage to even try to get on a step latter.

Falling from a step stool and hurting myself is not something I could put a price on.

But I have thought about it, on building up the courage. Lol

I don't even go up on a step latter to change the light bulb. I have sadly came to the realization that me in the hospital again is way, way more important for me to avoid then, proving myself. Lol eh oh well.

I just smile and work on the things I can do (physically) and then do it so many times that I master them.

statusdetailing
05-24-2013, 10:21 PM
On a major paint correction, yes I do it. On a one step, I'll skip it and just wax. Nobody looks up there. If they request it specifically, I go ahead and do it. I'll admit, that I've skipped roofs on huge SUV's like excursions, if the roof looked decent. I just washed, clayed, waxed or sealed. It's not that I'm trying to cheat the customer, it's that it's just almost impossible to get a customer to truly pay you enough to spend the extra time working on the roof.

dlepinski
05-24-2013, 10:24 PM
I always wax the roof. buff if needed.

hernandez.art13
05-24-2013, 10:25 PM
Due to my disability, if I can't reach over on my tippy toes. I don't have the courage to even try to get on a step latter.

Falling from a step stool and hurting myself is not something I could put a price on.

But I have thought about it, on building up the courage. Lol

I don't even go up on a step latter to change the light bulb. I have sadly came to the realization that me in the hospital again is way, way more important for me to avoid then, proving myself. Lol eh oh well.

I just smile and work on the things I can do (physically) and then do it so many times that I master them.

Oh and I have never did a quick detail for profit (don't know the exact wording) I have only done full paint correction for profit, but yes for full paint correction I always did the roof.

IID
05-24-2013, 10:37 PM
If the customer is paying for a correction.....ABSOLUTELY
If the customer is paying for protection.....ABSOLUTELY

JAF06SE
05-24-2013, 10:45 PM
Why would you not wax a roof of a vehicle? Someone is paying you to properly protect their vehicle because they either don't have the knowledge or time or whatever to do it on their own and you would even think about skimping on one of the most important areas of the vehicle? It's not just about making it look pretty. It's about protecting the paint. The roof is the one panel of the vehicle that gets the most abuse as far as nature. Never cheat on any panel of you're getting paid to do a job. If its your own vehicle then have at it.

swanicyouth
05-24-2013, 10:45 PM
Hmmm. Dunno. I'm not a detailer for money. But on my own SUV I always treat the roof exactly like every other panel - and I hate it. Up and down on the Werner Work Platform a bunch of times. Nowhere to sit your stuff. I though of just Opticoating the roof. I'm to OCD to skip any steps on the roof. I never skip anything. I guess that's why it takes me so long.

JAF06SE
05-24-2013, 10:50 PM
Hmmm. Dunno. I'm not a detailer for money. But on my own SUV I always treat the roof exactly like every other panel - and I hate it. Up and down on the Werner Work Platform a bunch of times. Nowhere to sit your stuff. I though of just Opticoating the roof. I'm to OCD to skip any steps on the roof. I never skip anything. I guess that's why it takes me so long.

Totally agree lol.

runrun411
05-24-2013, 10:53 PM

When I did my wife's Pathfinder I clayed and used an AIO and sealant (klasse). When I do my Pilot I'll go all the way. It may take 3 or 4 hours just to do the roof.