View Full Version : Cant wait to try out my new stuff

Pages : [1] 2

Bill1234
05-24-2013, 06:51 PM
Got some good stuff here that came today, any thoughts /tips

mavin
05-24-2013, 06:52 PM
you might enjoy this thread:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/36280-post-your-unpacking-pictures.html

AutowerxDetailing
05-24-2013, 06:56 PM
If you have never used Iron-X before... you're in for a treat. :dblthumb2:

Bill1234
05-24-2013, 07:05 PM
I definitely am. I have never used it before. Should I just spray the whole car down with it, wait 5 minutes or until red , then wash off?

Or do I wash first. Also, does the car need to be pre wet?

I will be doing a huge fix up on monday
Rims and tires
Wash/ironx
dry
v7
collinite 845
interior chem guys leather
BTW, Wow iron x smells bad before use, kinda like rotten eggs and dish soap mix =_

Bill1234
05-24-2013, 07:06 PM
Tires will be shined with opti bond, heard it was good so I bought it

AutowerxDetailing
05-24-2013, 07:09 PM
I definitely am. I have never used it before. Should I just spray the whole car down with it, wait 5 minutes or until red , then wash off?

Or do I wash first. Also, does the car need to be pre wet?

BTW, Wow iron x smells bad before use, kinda like rotten eggs and dish soap mix =_

Wash car like normal. You can leave it wet or dry for more concentrated Iron-X interaction on a dry surface. Leave to let bleed. Agitate then rinse. Super easy process.

And yeah... the Iron-X smell will get into your nose, clothes, and hair. My wife always hates it when I get home from a job that needed Iron-X and sends me directly to the shower lol.

Bill1234
05-24-2013, 07:09 PM
I also got another treat. I wanted a montana boars hair brush as I helped my teen center with a car wash. They were great for big vehicles. It was my birthday tuesday and I asked for one and I got it. =). Will be great for friends big suvs

Bill1234
05-24-2013, 08:45 PM
How do I rub the iron x in without swirling the paint, would a used wash mitt do?

statusdetailing
05-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Opti bond is good. I was actually given a bottle by a client, who I got in touch with through AG. On a side note, I've actually met some die hard clients through AG. They are some of my best customers.

Anyways. Opti bond. It's funny, I like it, but it sits on the shelf for some reason. I certain wheels it's great, on others, it sucks. I hate it on on anything that has an all terrain or mud treat pattern. Too hard to get in the grooves. Also difficult to apply on tires that have those little vertical grooves on the sidewall. If used sparingly on flat, sidewall tires, it's great. Otherwise it can become a little greasy and messy.

It holds up pretty well through a light rain and last a little longer than meg's hyper dressing, which I love by the way. I find myself using the meg's on my personal cars and it's my main dressing in my shop. Super super easy to apply. Spray on and walk away, and it's not greasy at all.

Maybe I'm just too lazy for opti bond

octane
05-24-2013, 09:24 PM
Opti bond is good. I was actually given a bottle by a client, who I got in touch with through AG. On a side note, I've actually met some die hard clients through AG. They are some of my best customers.

Anyways. Opti bond. It's funny, I like it, but it sits on the shelf for some reason. I certain wheels it's great, on others, it sucks. I hate it on on anything that has an all terrain or mud treat pattern. Too hard to get in the grooves. Also difficult to apply on tires that have those little vertical grooves on the sidewall. If used sparingly on flat, sidewall tires, it's great. Otherwise it can become a little greasy and messy.

It holds up pretty well through a light rain and last a little longer than meg's hyper dressing, which I love by the way. I find myself using the meg's on my personal cars and it's my main dressing in my shop. Super super easy to apply. Spray on and walk away, and it's not greasy at all.

Maybe I'm just too lazy for opti bond

try it using an air paint gun/sprayer, works amazingly well, depending on the gun you might want to mix it with a bit of water.

Durallymax
05-24-2013, 09:30 PM
Would you believe the bottle lists Iron X as having a Cherry smell? After reading that, I can kind of pick out the cherry.

poweraid
05-24-2013, 09:51 PM
try it using an air paint gun/sprayer, works amazingly well, depending on the gun you might want to mix it with a bit of water.

exactamundo

ComradeGrumbles
05-24-2013, 11:46 PM
Would you believe the bottle lists Iron X as having a Cherry smell? After reading that, I can kind of pick out the cherry.

... ... ... lol I wish I had a nose like yours.

I got my first experience of IronX a little while ago and I was absolutely horrified. When a friend asked how bad it smelled, I described it as "Everything dead and rotting, combined with sulfur and dead alien bug-babies."

Yep, pretty awful stuff. But, it's too useful to get rid of. I just double-bag the bottle to keep that odor from leaking out!

Solution to the toxic-waste that is IronX...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18469&stc=1&d=1369457372

primo spaghetti
05-25-2013, 07:05 AM

Optimum has a gun that attaches directly to the bottle of optibond...

great product, but the opti bond and the spray gun.

Durallymax
05-25-2013, 10:42 AM
... ... ... lol I wish I had a nose like yours.

I got my first experience of IronX a little while ago and I was absolutely horrified. When a friend asked how bad it smelled, I described it as "Everything dead and rotting, combined with sulfur and dead alien bug-babies."

Yep, pretty awful stuff. But, it's too useful to get rid of. I just double-bag the bottle to keep that odor from leaking out!

It doesn't bother me much, just has a rotten egg/sulfur smell to it, when you look for the cherry part it masks the scent even more.

But I do live and work on a dairy farm, so I get used to much worse smells daily.