PDA

View Full Version : Foam cannon/car wash shampoos that don't strip your wax?

Pages : [1] 2

JJH
05-24-2013, 06:40 PM
Just as the title states, I'm on the look out for some shampoo that I can use both for my foam cannon and my two-bucket wash method that doesn't strip the wax/Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant off of my car. Any suggestions? I'm currently using Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II but after talking to their support I was told that it will strip my car and I don't want that to happen.

parkerslade
05-25-2013, 12:43 AM
I use Meg's Hyper Wash. 400:1

vegas911gts
05-25-2013, 03:44 AM
af avalanche or cg meticulous matte

Bunky
05-25-2013, 05:13 AM
Maxi-Suds should not be stripping wax. What dilution are you using it in the foam cannon. You could consider Optimum ....strong suds.

Shortspark
05-25-2013, 09:18 AM
CG's "Clear" with extreme suds shampoo. Foam cannon/gun ratio is one ounce to 16 ounces of water. If you have a Gilmour gun (which is what I use), I put 2 ounces of shampoo in the container and then fill it up with water. I use the middle dilution setting on the gun. This does not strip a sealant, at least not Duragloss 105 or 111. This low dilution ratio still cleans pretty well.

If you want to wash by bucket, the ratio is one cap full of "Clear" shampoo to four gallons of water. You can, however, strip wax and sealant with this shampoo if you load up on the ratio of shampoo to water. For example, the bottle label says that to strip your lsp you need to use 2 ounces of shampoo per gallon so that is very strong.

As you can see, this is a very versatile car wash (not to mention ideal for guns because of the hyper-suds formula that produces tons of foam). It is fairly slick too but a dash of ONR in the bucket will make it even more so. Try it, I am sure you will be pleased.

JJH
05-25-2013, 01:16 PM
Maxi-Suds should not be stripping wax. What dilution are you using it in the foam cannon. You could consider Optimum ....strong suds.

I use 2 ounces in my 32oz MTM Amazon Foam Cannon.

JJH
06-02-2013, 08:48 AM
Sorry I should have clarified. I am worried about the Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II stripping my Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant. Do I have anything to worry about as long as I maintain the 2 oz Maxi Suds per 32 oz water in my foam gun dilution?

swanicyouth
06-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Just as the title states, I'm on the look out for some shampoo that I can use both for my foam cannon and my two-bucket wash method that doesn't strip the wax/Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant off of my car. Any suggestions? I'm currently using Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II but after talking to their support I was told that it will strip my car and I don't want that to happen.

That's B.S., I use MS II almost exclusively in a MTM Hydro, sometimes twice a week.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/02/dyza6yjy.jpg

I sometimes use heavy dilutions (4.5 oz) - and this stuff does not strip wax, period. I'm sorry, but whoever is giving advice out at CGs is clueless. This isn't the first tid-bit of misinformation that has been passed along.

Check out bullet point #4 from their own product description page:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/02/a6enemyg.jpg

From the same page, 11th box down:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/02/a6u4yneq.jpg

Check out more of their misinformation. If you look directly above under "dilution" it says: "1 oz to 4-5 gallons".

Directly from my bottle, it says "1 capful to 1 gallon" (cap is exactly one ounce, I measured it).

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/02/y3ura2ez.jpg

Why I like some of their cleaner products, I wouldn't buy any MORE LSPs or polishes from them because of misinformation like this. Because, if they can't get the directions right, who knows what is in the bottle?

JJH
06-02-2013, 09:11 AM
yeah what the hell....this was after talking to them directly on the phone too. So which dilution directions do you follow? I love when incompetent employees pass along misinformation as facts.

swanicyouth
06-02-2013, 09:14 AM
yeah what the hell....this was after talking to them directly on the phone too. So which dilution directions do you follow? I love when incompetent employees pass along misinformation as facts.

I use about 3oz to 4 gallons in a bucket. Because its cheap and doesn't strip wax. In the foam cannon I usually add just over 3oz. Its a pretty good soap.

TroyScherer
06-02-2013, 09:19 AM
I will disagree with swanicyouth here. I have used Maxi Suds II and it can and will strip your LSP if you use it at a dilution that is to strong. I have gone through my only bottle of Maxi Suds II and have experienced it myself.

It all come down to common sense... You are using a solution that is to wash /clean your paint. After time and countless numbers of washes almost all soaps will start to strip / degrade your LSP. The difference here is most of use re-apply LSPs so often it doesn't matter.

Also I would suggest not knocking the company help. They realistically have more and better information about their product than any of us do. Just because someone tellers you a product is safe and 100% idiot proof doesn't make it so....

swanicyouth
06-02-2013, 10:18 AM
Also I would suggest not knocking the company help. They realistically have more and better information about their product than any of us do. Just because someone tellers you a product is safe and 100% idiot proof doesn't make it so....

When CGs gives out information that directly contradicts the information on your website, and there is information on the actual bottle that contradicts what's on your website, and its all on one product, IMO more than one person is not doing their job and the help is doping a great job of making themselves look bad.

It clearly states on the website "wax safe", and the guy on the phone is telling him its not. A lot of quality waxes hold up to Dawn and Citrus Red, no less MaxiSuds used at normal dilutions. I've gone through a half gallon of this stuff with no problems of it stripping anything.

If this was an isolated incident, they deserve a pass. But its not.

Check out these threads:

Called Chemical Guys today...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showpost.php?p=872301

"Reputation Management" - Chem Guys
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showpost.php?p=814278

TroyScherer
06-02-2013, 11:34 AM
I don't disagree that they need to get their stuff straight in the information front. But you missed the bigger point to my post.

Just because you or someone else says something doesn't make it true. You can only give advice, not 100% guaranteed perfect results.

Actual results may vary.... :xyxthumbs:

Andr3wilson
06-02-2013, 07:43 PM
I find a lot of us use too much soap as is just to get a thick foam. If your car is just dusty (which 90% of the time it is in the summer) we can use a lot less soap. We just need to to be lubed up not to grind the dust in. Any shampoo, wax safe or not WILL strip at high enough concentration

swanicyouth
06-02-2013, 09:41 PM
I find a lot of us use too much soap as is just to get a thick foam. If your car is just dusty (which 90% of the time it is in the summer) we can use a lot less soap. We just need to to be lubed up not to grind the dust in. Any shampoo, wax safe or not WILL strip at high enough concentration

This is true. I never used to measure how much soap I was putting in the foam cannon. I would just guess thinking I was putting in like 3 oz. then, I market my foam cannon 3 oz short from the top, so I can fill it with water, and have an idea of how much soap I'm adding (adding 3oz when filled to the mark with water fills the cannon to the top when assembled). I realized before I was putting in like 6 oz. way too much.

I didn't like using the measuring cups because it seemed like a lot of soap would stick to the cup and get wasted. Them I would try and rinse it out and add it to the cannon, only creating bubbles and over flow. I found its best for me to add the water first, 3 oz short of the top, than I can figure if I'm adding about 2-3 oz if soap.

But even when I was using a ton of soap, I never had a problem with stripping wax. Maybe I waxed too frequently to notice.