PDA

View Full Version : xzilon what to use after applied

Pages : [1] 2

tim100
05-24-2013, 12:52 PM
i had xzilon applied to my audi. i want to wax. I have used Meguiar's NTX liquid wax on my previous cars. It is a Hydrophobic synthetic polymer. The xzilon website suggests a non abrasive wax like a carnauba. i would prefer to use a NTX, is that ok? anyone with experience? How about if I get swirl marks?

ScottB
05-25-2013, 09:14 AM
Xilion is a paint sealant, plain and simple. You could top it with a pure wax as desired (think DP Max Wax) but nothing with cleaners. If you are looking for something more durable and meets the claim of Xilion, look to a coating like Opti-coat or Gtechnic.

FUNX650
05-25-2013, 12:58 PM
i had xzilon applied to my audi. i want to wax. I have used Meguiar's NTX liquid wax on my previous cars.
It is a Hydrophobic synthetic polymer.

The xzilon website suggests a non abrasive wax like a carnauba.
i would prefer to use a NTX, is that ok? anyone with experience?

^^^Sure...NXT 2.0 will be OK^^^

From XZILON's FAQ's:
"Waxing is not required to maintain your warranty".

How about if I get swirl marks?

^^^Again...From XZILON's FAQ's:^^^

Can I take my vehicle, with XZILON® applied on it, to a car wash?
"Yes, you can use a drive through a car wash, as long as it is a "Touch-less" or "Brush-less" variety.
You never want anything to scratch your protection".

Can I use a buffer or machinery on my vehicle, that has Xzilon® applied on it?
"We don’t recommend any machinery or abrasives to be used on your vehicle’s paint".

However...
I detect some contradiction (denoted by: Here>>>) to the immediately-above
Xzilon statement in the following paragraphs of the Xzilon warranty information:

How do I file a claim?
"You can report-a-claim online 24/7/365 at Xzilon.com (click "Start a Claim")
or call Xzilon, Inc. at 800-553-6866".

Here>>>"Please note, for exterior claims (such as hard water etching and bird droppings),
please attempt to remove the "issue" before reporting a claim".

And Here>>>"For interior claims, please attempt to remove any staining before reporting a claim".

"Finally, review your Xzilon® Limited Warranty before reporting a claim to help identify
what damage is covered and as a reference for your limited warranty number".

Here's wishing you: Good Luck...

:)

Bob

Ry1990
05-27-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm a porter at a large ford certified dealer and have applied xzilon to well over 100 vehicles interior and exterior product. If you buff your car then you just wasted your money. A soft foam pad with wax will strip it right off your car, the exterior product is a waste of money for enthusiasts in my opinion. Xzilon is for the average vehicle owner who will never do more than a hand wash on their vehicle.

ladyq5
10-23-2013, 03:57 PM
i had xzilon applied to my audi. i want to wax. I have used Meguiar's NTX liquid wax on my previous cars. It is a Hydrophobic synthetic polymer. The xzilon website suggests a non abrasive wax like a carnauba. i would prefer to use a NTX, is that ok? anyone with experience? How about if I get swirl marks?

I have Xzilon on my black Audi too. They recommend using any wax with carnuba in it. I have used a polymer/carnuba mix and my Audi still looks as good as it did when I pulled off the lot. I have had it for three yrs.

Having said all that, I hope this helps.

My question would be can I clay bar it or does the clay bar remove wax and sealant?

Cheers

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
10-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Clay bar will remove the coating

af90
10-23-2013, 04:37 PM
There's no fixing swirl marks without removing that coating.

VP Mark
10-23-2013, 04:57 PM
Put some Collinite on it.

Or, if and when you get disappointed in the coating, prep the surface nicely and apply DP paint coating or Opti-Coat.

BlackHawk
10-23-2013, 05:05 PM
Just get rid of that crap plain and simple. Your better off buying Sonax Polymer Net Shield for $27 and applying that. Also i HIGHLY doubt it has no swirls, if it doesnt have any then please share pics.

On the side note, for future reference, dont ever waste your money on dealership coatings. They are plain sealants that work just like $20 sealants work, except they come with a exclusive dealership only price of 30x the actual price you should be paying.

KillaCam
10-23-2013, 05:27 PM
I'm sorry but you wasted your money for that paint sealant and I also have read where in fine print the warranty on that system is terrible.
Do what others suggested and polish it off and apply a real coating.

Marc Hufnagel
10-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Put some Collinite on it.

Or, if and when you get disappointed in the coating, prep the surface nicely and apply DP paint coating or Opti-Coat.

LOL well played Sir.

swanicyouth
10-23-2013, 05:47 PM
Sheesh. I didn't see this guy ask:

1. Is Xzilon any good?

2. Was I ripped off when I payed for Xzilon?

3. Should I remove Xzilon and replace it?

But, everyone thought to chime in and trash it. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's overpriced, but he just wanted to know what to top it with. However, it's probably no better / no worse than any other sealant.

So, to answer the OP's question, it seems Xzilon is closest to or is a polymer sealant - as is NXT. So, your best bet would to not use NXT, as it wouldn't make much sense to layer 2 different sealants, but to top it with a carnauba wax like Xzilon seems to recommend.

You would probably be best off with a non hybrid wax like P21S, a Bouncers or Dodo variant, or maybe even Souverän.

ladyq5
10-23-2013, 09:30 PM
Clay bar will remove the coating

Thanks Pockets. Any recommendations other than using a clay bar? I have some little specs of what I think is tree sap mostly on the hatch at back. I parked near a maple tree.

spiralout462
10-23-2013, 09:45 PM
Thanks Pockets. Any recommendations other than using a clay bar? I have some little specs of what I think is tree sap mostly on the hatch at back. I parked near a maple tree.

Clay should remove those as well.

MoparGT
02-17-2016, 10:53 PM
I'm really glad that I read this thread as it was very educational in my current situation. I had Xzilon applied to my brand new car. I've been battling with the idea on weather I want to to a clay bar right away. Or to use prep polish or paint sealant with one of first few washes of the Spring. My car is only 4 month old and if most paint sealants can last 6-12 months. It sounds like I can hold off till Fall before getting too involved with anything more than the P21S that I've been using so far. Which I saw as a recommendation a few posts back on the forum. Although, when I do clay bar and reapply a paint coating. I am pretty sold on Pinnacle Black Label Paint Coating V2 and Surface Coating. Either way, thank you to all that posted on this thread so many years ago, this was very enlightening.
P21S Shampoo & Carnauba