PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone made a checklist

CaneCharger
05-24-2013, 11:08 AM
Has anyone made a checklist on detailing a car, that they would like to share?

Mike Phillips
05-24-2013, 11:47 AM
I have one...

Not sure I can get to it today but I do have one. Especially good if you have employees so they don't forget anything.

:)

CaneCharger
05-24-2013, 11:51 AM
I have one...

Not sure I can get to it today but I do have one. Especially good if you have employees so they don't forget anything.

I WANT!!! :bowdown:

What I would like to do is modifiy it so I can label what products I used on the car/truck on the exterior/interior...

zmanjohn
05-24-2013, 01:40 PM
Has anyone made a checklist on detailing a car, that they would like to share?

I started an inventory check list, but at this point it is just hand written, I have been breaking down into categories, like you said for interior and exterior. I am working on cleaners, waxes, polishes, sealants, wheel cleaners, APC, etc..

My goal was to have a sheet that I might be able to order or use for reorder, add like a wish/want list.

Is this kind of what your looking for or check list of items completed? Let me know, I might be able to help you.

Bill

CaneCharger
05-24-2013, 01:48 PM
Hey Bill,

I was looking more for a checklist of items for detailing the entire car inside and out...I was going to modify to say what product I used. For Example:
What Completed Product Used How much Left
Exterior windows _________ Megs 160 1/2 a bottle

I thought this way, I could check off what I did for that car and also know what product I used and how much I have left over

zmanjohn
05-24-2013, 05:54 PM
Hey Bill,

I was looking more for a checklist of items for detailing the entire car inside and out...I was going to modify to say what product I used. For Example:
What Completed Product Used How much Left
Exterior windows _________ Megs 160 1/2 a bottle

I thought this way, I could check off what I did for that car and also know what product I used and how much I have left over

Let me get my list together, I think I know what your talking about, when I get this done and keyed in I will PM you and let you know. You might be able to use it. I know there are some lists for time management, but not really for product management.
Let me see what I can do, might take me a day or so.

Bill

CaneCharger
05-24-2013, 09:24 PM
Thanks Bill!

nsx-r
06-13-2013, 11:59 AM
I have one...

+1, this would be helpful for those sundays where I have the whole day to myself :xyxthumbs:

Detailing by M
06-13-2013, 01:35 PM
Just in my head.
Then I just yell at my helpers when they don't read my mind!

Flash Gordon
06-13-2013, 02:23 PM
Be sure and write Vanity Mirrors on there. I always forget those

craz0boy
06-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Just in my head.
Then I just yell at my helpers when they don't read my mind!

Haha same here

rmagnus
06-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Be sure and write Vanity Mirrors on there. I always forget those

+1, you're not alone!

Pureshine
06-13-2013, 10:24 PM
I have a painted white board on my shop wall so I can wright a list for each car and them wipe it clean till next car.

inDetail
06-13-2013, 10:42 PM
I write notes. I use Mike's detail inspection sheet. I made 2 part ncr's out of them 1 goes with the client one with me. I make general notes on my laptop at the estimate so I do not forget about anything. Then from that I make a game plan (what stuff I will need to do the detail.) list and quick notes don't forget this or that. That way when the client drives up everything is ready to go. I don't have to stop and waste time going and looking for something in the supplies stash. Yeah it's all there but everything is staged out from start to finish. I'm not wasting anytime. I need that extra time for that something popped up unexpected. I print out that general list and game plan and grab the estimate and inspection form once the car is washed and dry I tape it all to one of the exterior windows on the car. Grab one of my sweet baby girls 300+ crayons put it in my pocket and as I go along cross it out. The wifey always asks you understand that cra* and my baby girl always says why are you using my crayons.