PDA

View Full Version : dodge challenger

Pages : [1] 2

PA DETAILER
05-24-2013, 06:54 AM
over this vacation i got a chance to test drive a dodge challenger 6cyl. (wanted to test drive a srt 8cyl, but they did not have one. been out of the car loop for years. with PA winters, a truck or suv just makes sense. wow! they must have did their homework! it was just a awesome car. even with the 6, it was still a blast to drive. i think they really got the retro styling down. in and out. i cant imagine the srt hemi. i will test drive the 8 when i can. well done dodge. http://www.detailcity.org/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

silverfox
05-24-2013, 07:29 AM
I think of all the new pony cars of which I own, the challenger looks the most authentic of its heritage.

Don't be fooled by the 6 cyl models. They put out well over 300 HP and with inexpensive aftermarket stuff you can get them into the 350 range easily.

They are balanced better than the 8s in terms of front to back weight distribution and they drink far less fuel. Keep in mind that in the old days 350 HP was considered a hot setup and they were very heavy engines and not nearly as responsive as the new overhead cammed, direct injected engines.

Yeah there's nothing like a hemi under the hood but if that's not within your budget don't deprive yourself of having a blast driving a car again.

cpmatthew
05-24-2013, 07:39 AM
If they are still making the R/T Hemi, that is a nice middle ground between the SRT and the ST (6cyl). I had one for a couple years and loved it. Plenty of horsepower and plenty of room for your buddies. Multi-displacement in the HEMI 350 so I got around 25 MPG highway.

PA DETAILER
05-24-2013, 06:11 PM
we went on a little road trip this afternoon to a dealer that had the 8cyl. drove the 5.7 hemi. 375 HP.

OMG! TOO MUCH FUN. got on it and the power is instant! i would love to feel the SRT HEMI. 470 HP. that would make your hair stand on end......

hoyt66
05-24-2013, 07:01 PM
The early 70's challenger was my boyhood dream car! I couldn't restore but always said if they remake it I'm getting one. They remade it 09 and by the time 2011 rolled around I was ready!
It's got 375 stock hp and with a few add ons I'm around 410. Plenty of poneys for me. Love this car!!

PA DETAILER
05-24-2013, 08:12 PM
beautiful car hoyt66. just a perfect balance. mild mannered.....till you step on it!

Rake
05-25-2013, 03:13 AM
That's my beast, '08 SRT8. I'm a little obsessed with that car, lol.

hoyt66
05-25-2013, 03:20 AM
That's my beast, '08 SRT8. I'm a little obsessed with that car, lol.

NICE!:dblthumb2:

Rake
05-25-2013, 03:27 AM
NICE!:dblthumb2:

You, my friend, have great taste.

:)

VAS
05-25-2013, 08:09 AM
The 392 trumps all other hemis. I own an 05' hemi ram rumble bee, and I always dream of trading it in for an all white one like from the movie vanishing point.

Meticulous-Detail
05-25-2013, 08:18 AM
Allpar sources are claiming that the “Hellcat” Hemi coming up in the next year or two, the supercharged 6.2 V-8 engine to be built alongside the 5.7 and SRT 6.4, will boast a serious power boost, with 550-640 horsepower expected.

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2013/05/6-2-hellcat-serious-power-boost

hoyt66
05-25-2013, 08:42 AM
The 392 trumps all other hemis. I own an 05' hemi ram rumble bee, and I always dream of trading it in for an all white one like from the movie vanishing point.

True. There's a guy by me with a white Challenger and his vanity plate reads "VANNISH".

I never see a white and not think of the movie. Classic!!

Meticulous-Detail
05-25-2013, 08:55 AM
I think of all the new pony cars of which I own, the challenger looks the most authentic of its heritage.

Don't be fooled by the 6 cyl models. They put out well over 300 HP and with inexpensive aftermarket stuff you can get them into the 350 range easily.

They are balanced better than the 8s in terms of front to back weight distribution and they drink far less fuel. Keep in mind that in the old days 350 HP was considered a hot setup and they were very heavy engines and not nearly as responsive as the new overhead cammed, direct injected engines.

Yeah there's nothing like a hemi under the hood but if that's not within your budget don't deprive yourself of having a blast driving a car again.

My first choice was an SRT8 Challenger but after driving both the Challenger and Shelby the choice was clear. Challenger needs better handling, a diet and more power, but leave the rest alone.

hoyt66
05-25-2013, 11:00 AM
My first choice was an SRT8 Challenger but after driving both the Challenger and Shelby the choice was clear. Challenger needs better handling, a diet and more power, but leave the rest alone.

I was looking at a California edition mustang and the challenger. While the mustang was faster and lighter I followed my heart and I'm glad for it. I would like to have had the srt8 but my money ran out at the rt classic. All good

PA DETAILER
05-25-2013, 12:45 PM
nice 2010 at dealer up the street........

2010 Dodge Challenger Rt - Johnstown, PA - Laurel Chrysler Jeep Hyundai (http://www.laurelchryslerjeep.com/used/dodge-challenger-rt-2010-380911.html)