PDA

View Full Version : TufBuf Wool

Durallymax
05-23-2013, 06:01 PM
I've been using the black tufbuf wool pads as my heavy cutters. While they cut fast, I was curious if others that have experience with these feel there is something that cuts faster.

I don't really polish many cars, equipment and semis are what a lot of my time goes to. These generally have heavily oxidized single stage paint setups. Most have very thick paint and it takes awhile to get through the oxidation. I am using FG400 and I will clean the pad with a spur after every section. I also will clean it on the pad washer from time to time. I am using 8" tufbuf for the large areas and 4" for the detail work. Running 1000-1200RPM. This is all on a PE14 rotary. I don't know if the Flex rotary would like the abuse of more cut, its already feeling the heat as it is. I do have an 849x that I can use instead.

Just looking for something that cuts faster if its out there. Maybe I need to change some technique too, thanks.

Durallymax
05-27-2013, 02:04 PM
bump

Vegas Transplant
05-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Just looking for something that cuts faster if its out there. Maybe I need to change some technique too, thanks.

If you don't get the answer that you seek, PM this forum member: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/members/the-pad-man.html