PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna PowerGloss Compound the baddest of the bad?

Whitethunder46
05-27-2007, 10:23 PM
So, is Menzerna PowerGloss heavier than OHC?

Is PowerGloss the heaviest compound available on AG?
Is PoewrGloss the strongest one can truley (safely) get?

I have OHC, but I'm shifting away from using heavy cutting pads (yellow) and would rather just use a heavy compound.

ScottB
05-28-2007, 12:33 AM
Powerpolish is stronger than OHC and its given the nod on several other detailing boards over the Optimum Products. I hate to ever use safely and compound in same sentence however !

HighEndDetail
05-28-2007, 07:18 AM
1. Powergloss is stronger then OHC
2. Is PG the strongest compound on AG. I do not know
3. That will depend, since many have there own idea of what is strongest.

Dust2Glory
05-30-2007, 10:38 PM
I think it has to be a mix of compound and pads. You can have a really strong compound and not as good of results if you use a softer pad. It all depends on three things: compound, speed and pad selection. Don't know much about Powergloss, but is it considered a "true cut" compound?

SuperBee364
05-31-2007, 11:17 PM
Power Gloss is a heavy hitter, for sure. Even with a green LC foam pad it'll leave some pretty heavy compounding marks, haze, swirls. I have HTEC but haven't tried it yet, but compared to OHC, Power Gloss is definitely the most aggressive. Power Gloss even cuts through my hard clear coat like butter.

I honestly can't imagine needing anything with more bite than PG.

Whitethunder46
05-31-2007, 11:28 PM
I ordered PG along w/ 106FF and 83Q. Also got green, white, orange, and yellow CCS 6" pads and backing plate for my rotary. i've been on the Edge 2000 system so far.

Mr Dream Machines
05-31-2007, 11:55 PM
Not the heaviest but your in big cutting company
If you use it, keep the machine moving faster than normal. It can go through clear in no time.

Hi Temp's EC is 800 grit I believe.