PDA

View Full Version : Zaino products

Pages : [1] 2

runrun411
05-23-2013, 11:01 AM
What's the story with Zaino products? I keep hearing about their good products. Will AG ever sell them?

Setec Astronomy
05-23-2013, 11:05 AM
That will be a cold day in Florida. Zaino beads like no other, however they have a lot of strange similarities to the DG product line. Sal seems a little sleepy lately, even though he had the first boots on the ground with a WOWA product, their "What's New" page hasn't had an entry since early 2007.

Where are you going to hide your Zaino?

runrun411
05-23-2013, 11:17 AM
That will be a cold day in Florida. Zaino beads like no other, however they have a lot of strange similarities to the DG product line. Sal seems a little sleepy lately, even though he had the first boots on the ground with a WOWA product, their "What's New" page hasn't had an entry since early 2007.

Where are you going to hide your Zaino?

You always make me laugh because you know me so well. I just got 2 bottles of Z-6 and tried it out on a small area on my beater car. I thought about the other product they make. I know those MF towels they have are hard to come by. Im the MAN

Setec Astronomy
05-23-2013, 11:24 AM
Oh man..you didn't. You should have talked to us first...DG FC&S IS Z-6 as far as I'm concerned...and tons cheaper. You can argue whether AW is watered down Z-8, and I understand they've changed the tire dressing since my bottle of Z-16 which seems identical to my bottle of DG 253. None of the DG sealants I've used seem to be as good as Zaino, someone here says that the DG sealants are like the older Zaino (pre-Pro).

runrun411
05-23-2013, 11:29 AM
Oh man..you didn't. You should have talked to us first...DG FC&S IS Z-6 as far as I'm concerned...and tons cheaper. You can argue whether AW is watered down Z-8, and I understand they've changed the tire dressing since my bottle of Z-16 which seems identical to my bottle of DG 253. None of the DG sealants I've used seem to be as good as Zaino, someone here says that the DG sealants are like the older Zaino (pre-Pro).

Okay don't laugh...
I just got two bottles of AW too.
:dunno:

Setec Astronomy
05-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Who's laughing? I try to limit myself to just one bottle of everything...

mdb917
05-23-2013, 12:33 PM
Zaino has a couple of great products (Z-16 is my favorite of theirs and the Blonde towels are excellent -- IF YOU CAN GET THEM! ). Like Setec pointed out is that they have not come up with anything 'new' in a long time although they were ahead of the super-sealant curve.

Zaino vs. others becomes one of those religious wars so I tread lightly :D.

runrun411
05-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Who's laughing? I try to limit myself to just one bottle of everything...

There is just no help for us.

Zaino has a couple of great products (Z-16 is my favorite of theirs and the Blonde towels are excellent -- IF YOU CAN GET THEM! ). Like Setec pointed out is that they have not come up with anything 'new' in a long time although they were ahead of the super-sealant curve.

Zaino vs. others becomes one of those religious wars so I tread lightly :D.

Only during a lunar eclipse can you get the Blondes. Zaino is also like Adams, you pay a lot and don't get so much product. Oh well, I guess we can say that about most of the stuff we buy.

Setec Astronomy
05-23-2013, 12:47 PM
The big thing about Zaino is using Z-FX with the sealants. The other products, most of them seem to have some pretty close relatives or alternates. The wash is very good when you use it with the sealants, but you can't buy it in bulk.

mdb917
05-23-2013, 12:58 PM
<stuff deleted>.

Zaino is also like Adams, you pay a lot and don't get so much product. Oh well, I guess we can say that about most of the stuff we buy.

Agreed, but like many other high quality products a little goes a long way.

Setec mentioned the Z-FX flash accelerator and when you see the size of the bottle vs. the $$$ it costs you will fall off your chair. Once you start using it and realize it takes just a couple of drops then it makes a LITTLE more sense, a little more :laughing:.

ArkayoDeetayo
05-23-2013, 01:21 PM
hey runrun, as Sestec pointed out

128 oz. Duragloss Fast Clean & Shine Detail Spray #923 (http://www.autogeek.net/128ozdufacls.html) is pretty much the same thing as Z-6..

I have used the "zaino system" a couple of times but just gave up after like 3 different times doing it because...

1) The "Zaino System" wants you to dawn your whole car, and apply their polishes, but in order to get a "better version" of their product you have to buy another product that is a small bottle of blue liquid, that "activates" your polish, so you can layer it...to me it just takes too much effort and time to use Zaino, and I don't even notice a huge difference for all the work I put in...

2) I found better products that work easier and I like the look of... blackfire wet diamond paint sealant and wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant

3) I wouldn't reorder because their stuff only comes in 1 size and you have to pay for shipping because they NEVER have any sales or free ship...and as far as their towels I never used it and people swear by them but I'll never pay so much for one towel that looks so thin, even if it works great, I found cheaper towels (here on AG) that works to my satisfaction, so no need to replace

4) If you want to try a strangely identical line, as someone mentioned, look for Duragloss from AG. buy dg501 to clean your paint, 605 (the bonding/activator crap I was mentioning from Zaino earlier), and the Dg105. By the way, if you do plan to do this, instead of goign DG 501 > 601 layer, wipe, layer > dg 105, just do Dg501 to clean the paint, and mix the 605 1 parts to 4 parts of 105, and you can save time on one step.

Setec Astronomy
05-23-2013, 01:25 PM
Zaino Z-1 (replaced by Z-FX) was an awful lot like DG 601...

swanicyouth
05-23-2013, 01:25 PM
I've never used Zaino. But I got interested in trying their stuff for a bit.

...But, they couldn't find a towel (without borders) that didn't scratch so they HAD to design their own?

C'mon. I'm sure their towels are very nice. But that's just a LIE. There are other towels that don't scratch and they aren't $12.50 each. They say in their FAQs that microfiber quality is inconsistent. I'm not sure what towels they were testing, but I have bought several high quality towels from CarPro, AG, and MF Tech and have never received an inconsistent product.

I did have one towel from another supplier fall apart once, but it didn't cause scratches or swirls, and the seller replaced it.

Sorry, it just turns me off. Can't they just say: "we have made a top quality scratch free towel", without saying everyone else's stuff is no good?

Another one: "its not uncommon to only need 10% (of Z2) compared to other manufacturers products....with this 8oz bottle of Zaino, I can apply 30 coats to this Corvette"

That means (not including product waisted stuck to the bottle) that each "coat" (entire car) is only 8 mls. The video then goes on to say only a "thin line" is required per panel (likely true - but same with BWFD, PowerLock, etc...), it will only take 12-14 thin lines to do this whole Corvette.

So, lets assume 13 "thin lines" (# between 12 & 14). So if 13 thin lines equals enough to do a whole car, and there is enough Z2 in the bottle to do the car 30 times, that means there are 390 "thin lines" of products in the bottle.

Or that each "thin line" is 6/10 of an ml.

"Thin line":

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/24/da7unabe.jpg

This is 6/10 of an ml:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/24/y3ynener.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/24/du7ygagu.jpg

What he is using is more like 2mls, which would be 25 mls per car. That would be about 10 application per 8 oz bottle, assuming the other info is correct in the video. If the pad is primed, it may be possible to use less. Possible 15 applications per 8oz bottle max. That's half of the claimed 30 in the brightest of scenarios. The amount he is using in the video looks equal to or more than is required for similar products like BFWD or PowerLock.

Dunno. This type of stuff turns me off.

ArkayoDeetayo
05-23-2013, 01:29 PM
oh to add on to my previous post, if you like to top your sealants with a CARNAUBA WAX, you pretty much killed the zaino system. Zaino supposedly only likes to be topped on CLEAN paint or on top of ITSELF...meaning you can only have a sealant on your car at all times with the Z-system. If you top it with a carnauba wax, they claim the next coat of their z polishes will not bond, so you have to dawn the whole car to strip and start over...and yeah their activator crap is 20 dollars (not including shipping) for HALF an ounce... ".5 oz"...but you only need 4 drops per 1 oz of polish.

oh yeah there is another kicker, if you "activate" your polish, you must use it ALL in that day, meaning if you mix up a small batch of 2 oz and dont use it all after the day you mixed it, then zaino suggest you dont use it after that

ihaveacamaro
05-23-2013, 01:33 PM
I've never used Zaino. But I got interested in trying their stuff for a bit.

Dunno. This type of stuff turns me off.

Swanicyouth, you should be on mythbusters for that post :props:

Terrific post Im the MAN