PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Car Wash Dry Suds

dc52nv
05-23-2013, 02:42 AM
I've used OCW for a few months and love it. I've noticed, lately, that my suds in my wash bucket dry out very quickly. The suds are still there, they are just dry. I'm wondering if it's due to the harsher sun and hot weather. Has anyone else experienced this?

FUNX650
05-23-2013, 06:57 AM
I've used OCW for a few months and love it. I've noticed, lately, that my suds in my wash bucket dry out very quickly.
The suds are still there, they are just dry. I'm wondering if it's due to the harsher sun and hot weather.
Has anyone else experienced this?
I've heard-of/even-seen: "dry foam" before (used in: carpet cleaning and expresso machines concoctions, for example)...
But, honestly, I've never experienced the phenomenon/phenomena you're calling: "dry suds"<<<:Picture:<<<Thanks.

:confused:

Bob

panthercz
05-23-2013, 08:21 AM
Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about with the "dry suds". I've had dry bubbles sitting in my drive-way 36 hours after using Optimum Car Wash sometimes. It is the only wash I've come across that does this.
For me, it didn't matter what the weather was like, hot dry, warm humid, cool, etc.

Not sure what causes it but I don't use that stuff anymore, didn't like it one bit. I bought a gallon of it, so I was determined to get my money's worth out of it but gave up. It doesn't clean well, smells bad and did not rinse clean and left residue/streaks all over (no matter how much/little I used or outdoor conditions).

RMM
05-23-2013, 08:28 AM
Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about with the "dry suds". I've had dry bubbles sitting in my drive-way 36 hours after using Optimum Car Wash sometimes. It is the only wash I've come across that does this.
For me, it didn't matter what the weather was like, hot dry, warm humid, cool, etc.

Not sure what causes it but I don't use that stuff anymore, didn't like it one bit. I bought a gallon of it, so I was determined to get my money's worth out of it but gave up. It doesn't clean well, smells bad and did not rinse clean and left residue/streaks all over (no matter how much/little I used or outdoor conditions).

I live in Portugal but if want to ship your gallon to me, I would be most happy to receive it... :D

Seriously, I have been using OCWash for a long time and nothing of the sort has ever happened to me. Bad batch, maybe?

swanicyouth
05-23-2013, 09:15 AM
I've used OCW for a few months and love it. I've noticed, lately, that my suds in my wash bucket dry out very quickly. The suds are still there, they are just dry. I'm wondering if it's due to the harsher sun and hot weather. Has anyone else experienced this?

I've never experienced this and I use this wash. Bubbles are a 2 layers of soap with water suspended in between. Many bubbles together are suds. By definition, you can't have "dry suds".

I think what you may be talking about is how the suds last insanely long with Optimum Car Wash. I posted about this before, how they will actually last overnight. Its a great wash though.

dc52nv
05-23-2013, 09:46 AM
I've left the wash bucket sitting overnight before and the suds were still there. I was pretty impressed by it. I've never had it streak on me though.

Perfections
05-23-2013, 09:55 AM

The soap smells bad? ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT OPTIMUM CAR WASH?!! Everything you mentioned, doesn't clean well, smells bad, did not rinse clean, left streaks is total opposite of what I've seen and I've gone through over 10 gallons in 3 years. My wife likes the smell so much I've asked Dr.G to come out with a skin care line with the same smells!

dc52nv
05-23-2013, 11:02 AM
The soap smells bad? ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT OPTIMUM CAR WASH?!! Everything you mentioned, doesn't clean well, smells bad, did not rinse clean, left streaks is total opposite of what I've seen and I've gone through over 10 gallons in 3 years. My wife likes the smell so much I've asked Dr.G to come out with a skin care line with the same smells!

I agree. I love this stuff and have never had any issues.

This thread is to only find an explanation on the dry suds. This soap smells and cleans great.

02xtreme07SS
05-23-2013, 11:09 AM
It definitely produces A LOT of suds and I have also had suds remain in the driveway long after I've finished washing. My experience with it is like many others here, cleans and smells great. This has quickly become my favorite shampoo.

Setec Astronomy
05-23-2013, 11:15 AM
Wait---so is this the mysterious Dri-Wash I keep hearing about???

WRXINXS
05-24-2013, 09:34 AM

I gotta agree here. Smells great, cleans great, AWESOME in a foam cannon (No need to buy cannon specific soaps). I have heard a complaint that it does not rinse clean from reputible memeber buy have not experienced this myself.

Hoytman
05-24-2013, 09:53 AM

I'm a new user of this product and have an entirely different opinion. Used it on black paint too. That's what makes the world go around...:props: