PDA

View Full Version : Confidence in Rinseless Wash

BobbyK
05-22-2013, 08:36 PM
How long did it take you guys to become confident in using these products?

I know they work extremely well after watching videos and seeing posts... But for some reason it still feels odd to me. I ended my first attempt with ONR after 2 panels when a residue appeared that wouldn't buff off. I'm attempting the GD method this weekend so hopefully my luck will change.

GenesisCoupe
05-22-2013, 08:38 PM
I will be using a Rinseless for the first time ever very soon, already bought the 32oz of ONR. I am also curious about Waterless, but I'd like to master rinseless first.

c8n
05-22-2013, 08:39 PM
I think rinseless is fine. IMO, you run bigger risk of scratching when towel drying the car.

rms64
05-22-2013, 08:49 PM
I had similar concerns too but after using ONR as a rinseless wash for the last month or two it's become my preferred wash method - just use good quality microfibers, have plenty of them available and you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

swanicyouth
05-22-2013, 08:50 PM
I use rinseless all the time, but I always pressure wash the car first with water. I guess that sort of defeats the purpose, but its still faster and easier than a 2BM, and works just as well if not better. Since I always have access to a hose, or access to a spray- n-pay carwash, I just can't see doing a rinseless without removing any rinse-able off dirt first. Plus, I can't do wheels to my satisfaction with a rinseless product.

So, to answer your question, I've never felt 100% comfortable doing a conventional rinseless wash. Not on my cars at least, on someone else's car? No problem!

Wheelzntoys
05-22-2013, 08:55 PM
Anybody in San Diego area can try out waterless wash on my vehicle, get you some confidence.

Dogfather
05-22-2013, 09:07 PM
A nice healthy UWW+ presoak on each panel makes one feel less uncomfortable.

silverfox
05-23-2013, 05:07 AM
I think the key to any wash method is to have a lot of lubrication between the wash media and the paint BEFORE you wipe.

With rinseless that means presoaking with a waterless wash. I also think that using presoaked 600 weight MF towels is key with rinseless. After years of experimenting with wash media I think most here would agree that MF towels are well suited for rinseless washing for a variety of reasons.

Never equate suds and foam with safe cleaning ability. You should be fine with rinseless. I also suggest watching Gary Deans rinseless wash method. It's fast, easy, and most of all...safe

Sunstealer
05-23-2013, 07:06 PM
It took me a while to get comfortable with it too. I love it now though. I normally do the 2 bucket method, but plan on trying Garry Dean's way this weekend. My only hangup on the Audi I have is that the wheels get so filthy. It is tough to clean them with rinseless. I use a separate wheel bucket and pour what's left from the wash and rinse buckets into it at the end of the wash. I then use APC to clean the wheels and tires followed by a good rinse from the wheel bucket.

01GreyStangGT
05-23-2013, 09:35 PM
I do mostly rinseless washes now. My Mustang has only been hose washed a handful of times in 2.5 years.

Bunky
05-24-2013, 05:12 AM
I guess that sort of defeats the purpose, but its still faster and easier than a 2BM, and works just as well if not better.

The wash process should not be some set in stone method but something one tailors to the paint condition.

The goal is to clean the paint safely not to just use less water or within some other single constraint.

vet
05-24-2013, 06:47 AM
I was skeptical at first, but tried ONR and like it. I still use the hose and bucket, but not as often.

T3 AutoDetails
05-24-2013, 07:06 AM
After my first go I was hooked. Don't use 2bm hardly ever anymore.

07gtcs
05-24-2013, 10:10 AM
I do mostly rinseless washes now. My Mustang has only been hose washed a handful of times in 2.5 years.

Same with my Stang. Love the Rinseless in the Garage during the winter also.