PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna-Top Inspection as QD

Russ2115
05-22-2013, 08:12 PM
I used this while I was polishing my truck the other day. Then I noticed it was listed in the Quick Detailer's section on AG. I assumed it would remove all waxes and polishes. There is one coat of Powerlock on the truck now. Is it safe to use as quick detailer?

cplchris
05-22-2013, 08:30 PM
I would say no just to be safe, i have farecla final inspection, ive seen some instructional videos say it can be used for a quick detailer, but as far as i can tell from the label and on the company website it is meant to be used in the same way we use ipa solution, to remove oils and fillers and see the actual paint correction results.

/TLDR:
do not use it as a qd it will more than likely strip wax and sealant.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
05-22-2013, 08:38 PM
I do not use this as a quick detailer. It is formulated for use like Eraser, ipa, etc.

Russ2115
05-22-2013, 08:58 PM
Alright thanks guys. I wasn't originally planning on using it as a Qd. But when I saw it in that category on here, it threw me off a bit. Then the product description it is worded...

"Between details, use Menzerna Top Inspection to quickly wipe away fingerprints, grease, dust, pollen, and other light, day-to-day contamination."

mwoolfso
05-22-2013, 09:01 PM
Top Inspection does not remove sealants or waxes. It is multi-purpose and marketed in that manner. There are, however, no wax or gloss enhancers in the product.