PDA

View Full Version : Newbie First Detail

MrBenz
05-27-2007, 08:12 PM
I've been been in the background viewing the forums for months...let me say I've got a geat education...I've always wanted a Mercedes...when I was 12 years old my neighbor had one and it was love at first sight...I recently purchased a 1997 E320 low miles 68K but the usual hand washings and car washes left the cars finish in tough shape. I decided on the following:
Menzerna Wash
Menzerna Wheel 7.5
Menzerna Intensive Polish w/ Orange CSS Pad
Menzerna Final Polish II w/ White CSS Pad
Menzerna Glaze Red CSS Pad
Menzerna FMJ w/ Black CSS Pad
All Applied with PC 2474

First let me say that this was my first ever detail other than OTC hand
applied products.
Here are some before and after pictures....
P.S. the Benz was for my 60th Birthday...
The Menzerna products are fantastic!!!
I'll try to upload some images...some are out of order (before and after) but you will be able to see the removal of scratches...

Black Diamond
05-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Fantastic job!
Great looking car!

joe.p
05-27-2007, 08:19 PM
nice,deep and reflective..the reflection shot of the flag couldn't have come at a more appropiate time...

richy
05-27-2007, 08:25 PM
I too love Menz products..you might want to try topping the FMJ with Pinnacle Souveran..it will improve it with a wetter shine. I did that to my black FX 35 and have loved the combo.

Gary Sword
05-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Very nice job and Birthday present.

MrBenz
05-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Thanks..I purchased some Natty's Blue...but have yet to try it....I also picked this up from the forums. Thanks for the info.....

Dust2Glory
05-27-2007, 08:53 PM
that's a pretty good job for a newbie... those swirls came out great. and it's good that you sat back and soaked some info in. most people pick up alot of different product and think they are ready to detail. great job

MrBenz
05-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Thanks again..my feeling was that being a Benz the Menzerna product was a good choice..I actually did not detail the car until six weeks after I had ordered the products. I read almost all the forum replies...the information that I was able to extract from the replies saved me countless hours of trial and error. That's what is so great about the internet and forums, the ability to share information. When I saw the results I was amazed. I was in the garage just finishing up the trunk lid when my son came home from school...his mouth dropped open, he actually thought that the trunk was "wet" and he could not touch it!
It's been a lot of fun detailing my car...again thanks to all who provided the information...

Nica
05-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Very nice, that is alot of Menzerna products. The paint on the vehicle looks wicked....very impresive.

I must agree that vehicle looks wet, very wet.

That is one impresive first detail. Well done and thanks for sharing.

alban61
05-28-2007, 09:11 AM
Great job!! Your Benz looks fantastic! Love seeing more Menzerna (latest AG pick up) products being used to bring out some awesome results!
You found a great product for your MB. MB + Menzerna = Benzerna!

Truls
05-28-2007, 10:28 AM
Looks wet and glossy.

A Benz on the 60th birthday doesnt sound bad

smsag04
05-28-2007, 12:03 PM
The paint looks great! Awesome job on the engine detail also.

supercharged
05-28-2007, 12:06 PM
Looks outstanding!!!:applause:

P1et
05-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Mercedes paint is not the easiest and you made it look great! Love it!