PDA

View Full Version : Proof that the GG 3" CAN correct paint!

Pages : [1] 2 3

ihaveacamaro
05-22-2013, 07:51 AM
I didn't say it was easy, I didn't say it was fast, but I did say it was possible.

Here's video proof that the GG 3" can correct swirls and scratches on my hard Camaro clear coat:

Griot's Garage 3 Inch Can Correct Paint!! - YouTube (http://youtu.be/zCb2Nk_Kz5w)

P.S. It can be hard to see the scratches, so you have to watch in HD and fullscreen if you want the best viewing possible.

runrun411
05-22-2013, 08:00 AM
Good machine for touchups and smaller areas.

sn0w
05-22-2013, 08:38 AM
My work pc hates your links lol

ihaveacamaro
05-22-2013, 08:40 AM
Good machine for touchups and smaller areas.

:iagree:

My work pc hates your links lol

Sent you a PM.

rms64
05-22-2013, 08:43 AM
Interesting...it looks like you're putting a good bit of pressure on that thing - mine stops spinning the pad with just slightly more than the weight of the machine. I wonder they vary somehow in power?

WRAPT C5Z06
05-22-2013, 08:48 AM
WAY too long to correct that small area. The pad was barely spinning. Obviously, it can correct, just not very efficiently. With that said, thanks for the video, pal. :dblthumb2:

jimjc
05-22-2013, 08:48 AM
Yes I can see some improvment but since you spent about 10/12 minutes doing a 1/2 a square foot area I hope you have the rest of the summer to do the whole car cuz that`s what it will take. That`s way to slow for me, by the time you finish it will be time to start all over again;)

WRAPT C5Z06
05-22-2013, 08:49 AM
Yes I can see some improvment but since you spent about 10/12 minutes doing a 1/2 a square foot area
Check out my post right above yours. :props:

ihaveacamaro
05-22-2013, 08:52 AM
WAY too long to correct that small area. The pad was barely spinning. Obviously, it can correct, just not very efficiently. With that said, thanks for the video, pal. :dblthumb2:

Definitely could use a power bump, but just wanted to show that it was possible -- and on hard clear at that!

Thanks for watching!

Yes I can see some improvment but since you spent about 10/12 minutes doing a 1/2 a square foot area I hope you have the rest of the summer to do the whole car cuz that`s what it will take. That`s way to slow for me, by the time you finish it will be time to start all over again;)

You are forgetting that you only use the GG 3" in small areas. What you use it for is such a small part of the entire car.

I never said use it on the entire car, definitely get a full size polisher for that. In my case, I also have a Rupes 21 and a GG 6" for body panels.

All I wanted to show was that it CAN indeed fix swirls and scratches.

ihaveacamaro
05-22-2013, 08:54 AM
Interesting...it looks like you're putting a good bit of pressure on that thing - mine stops spinning the pad with just slightly more than the weight of the machine. I wonder they vary somehow in power?

I think there are two generations. I wonder if you have the first? Mine is a more recent purchase.

rms64
05-22-2013, 08:56 AM
I think there are two generations. I wonder if you have the first? Mine is a more recent purchase.

I didn't realize that - any idea how I can tell the difference? I bought mine from AG about 2 weeks ago.

Success
05-22-2013, 08:58 AM
I agree it's a great machine for its size but it takes too long. I had one and sold it. I have a couple small backing plates for my gg6 but it does suck to have to stop and change them out. Nowadays you can find the gg6 for cheap<$100 so I've been contemplating buying one to serve only for small pads.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
05-22-2013, 08:59 AM
I didn't realize that - any idea how I can tell the difference? I bought mine from AG about 2 weeks ago.

You should have the newest generation GG3. I bought mine 6-8 months ago and have the new generation as well.

WRXINXS
05-22-2013, 09:00 AM
How do you feel it would do on softer paint systems?

WRAPT C5Z06
05-22-2013, 09:07 AM
Nowadays you can find the gg6 for cheap<$100 so I've been contemplating buying one to serve only for small pads.
I did that and it's WELL worth it!