PDA

View Full Version : Question for Mobile Detailers

Dave Medvic
05-22-2013, 07:10 AM
I am trying to arrive at a fair price that a customer wants as a weekly wash,dry,light vacuum, dress the tires. Since I use a $40.00/hr. labor rate (which I think is reasonable), I'm about to suggest $40 for the weekly wash. Not sure what her reaction will be today, is that about average?

swanicyouth
05-22-2013, 07:17 AM
No way is that enough. A complete drive through wash is 2o bucks. I say $65 at least.

Dave Medvic
05-22-2013, 09:06 AM
No way is that enough. A complete drive through wash is 2o bucks. I say $65 at least.
Thanks Swanci,
I'm feeling a little bad if she and I can't agree on a number, it takes time to setup/teardown though. It's a top of the line Mecedes and she takes incredible care of it. We did agree on a wash and wax for $75.00, with no interior work being done but she seemed hesitant at that number.

Dave Medvic
05-23-2013, 06:32 AM
We agreed on a number last night and I found out what affected her decision making. She's had (Craigslist) detailers come to her house and wash/dry vac, and dress tires for $40.00. Another did it for $50.00 and put a light coat of wax on it too. One of them did not believe in using Soap as he "felt it dulls the paint"...I shook my head at that one.