PDA

View Full Version : Product start-up?

Pages : [1] 2

jwilson534
05-21-2013, 11:27 PM
Ok, This is a list of product so far. Any thing im missing or changes I should make please let me know. Thanks!

1. WG Fuzion

2. XMT 360 CCS

3. Pinn. Glasswork water spot remover

4. Megs D120 Glass cleaner

5. Chem. guys Honey Dew

6. Megs D108 Super degreaser

7. BF pad cleaner

8. Megs D103 APC+

9. Opti. Liquid car wax

10. Opti. Car wash

11. Opti. Tire gel

12. Detailers Rinseless wash & gloss

13. Pinn. ultra poly clay

14. 303 aerospace convertible protectant & cleaner

15. Opti. leather cleaner

16. Diamondite Headlight lens kit

akj
05-21-2013, 11:34 PM
Instead of xmt 360 for an aio get megs d151 $35 a gallon and i promise u won't use any thing else. Also get some megs m100 for heavy correction it's great.
Also megs da correction system will not disappoint i swear by it and d151

Sent from my SCH-L710 using AG Online

zmanjohn
05-22-2013, 08:10 PM
Instead of xmt 360 for an aio get megs d151 $35 a gallon and i promise u won't use any thing else. Also get some megs m100 for heavy correction it's great.
Also megs da correction system will not disappoint i swear by it and d151

Sent from my SCH-L710 using AG Online

Juat ordered the XMT 360 saw good reviews. Is the Megs d151 an AIO?
Sorry, don't mean to hijack, just learning about many of the products. I have been using D105 & D205 combo, been working great and had good luck with UC.

Elliott.lwy
05-23-2013, 12:39 AM
Poli-seal and Opti-seal :props:

Theo_Auto_Fines
05-23-2013, 12:41 AM
Sorry, don't mean to hijack, just learning about many of the products. I have been using D105 & D205 combo, been working great and had good luck with UC.

How about that M101 and D300??

ihaveacamaro
05-23-2013, 01:05 AM

Yes, it is. M105/M205 are staples of the detailing world, but imo M101 is much better than M105 in every way, except that it is twice as expensive :/

BradsDetailing
05-23-2013, 03:05 AM
add a sealant

mwoolfso
05-23-2013, 05:24 AM
Get flat pads rather than CCS pads. I see a difference when I use XMT 360.

TroyScherer
05-23-2013, 06:04 AM
1. WG Fuzion: is at the high end for a startup... If you want a past I would suggest MaxWax or SigII. Or a liquid wax like Colli 845.

3. Pinn. Glasswork water spot remover: It is good for glass but you can get away with usung a polish or compound.

7. BF pad cleaner: I am just using Dawn and APC.

13. Pinn. ultra poly clay: Consider the newer clay replacement pads.

16. Diamondite Headlight lens kit: Get a compound and polish and then seal them with a sealant. No need for a special kit.

Do you have a polisher?

A. I would add a sealant. Liquid or WOWA
B. You have 2 different car washes. You only need one.

BradsDetailing
05-23-2013, 03:28 PM
Drop the fuzion, that's pretty high end for starting out. Use something like liquid souveran, max wax, natty's red etc or even just get a sealant. I always choose a sealant over a wax for durability reasons and unless someone is a car enthusiast or they've worked with carnauba in the past, they won't care/tell. They'll be happy to have protectoin for longer from my experience.

d151 over xmt360

choose either honeydew or opt car wash, they're both popular and great products

you can use your apc+ as a degreaser

Unless you are mobile I would get a rinseless unless it's onr which you can use as a clay lube and detailer or add to you soap mix

add an aio leather cleaner and conditioner like meguiars instead of just a cleaner

swanicyouth
05-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Ok, This is a list of product so far. Any thing im missing or changes I should make please let me know. Thanks!

1. WG Fuzion

2. XMT 360 CCS

3. Pinn. Glasswork water spot remover

4. Megs D120 Glass cleaner

5. Chem. guys Honey Dew

6. Megs D108 Super degreaser

7. BF pad cleaner

8. Megs D103 APC+

9. Opti. Liquid car wax

10. Opti. Car wash

11. Opti. Tire gel

12. Detailers Rinseless wash & gloss

13. Pinn. ultra poly clay

14. 303 aerospace convertible protectant & cleaner

15. Opti. leather cleaner

16. Diamondite Headlight lens kit

My opinions:

Fuzion is an excellent choice. Looks great on any color, and you get a refill. Super easy application and removal. Why not start at the top? For an AIO, I like Optimum GPS or even PB's PwS instead of 360. I'm sure Meg's Glass Cleaner works fine, but the Pinnacle Glass Cleaner with Water Repellent is just awesome, its costly though.

HoneyDew: great choice for foam gun or cannon. BF pad cleaner is the best out there IMO. APC+ is good, especially if your using it on fabrics and carpets (less foaming). If you don't plan on using it on that, I think Duragloss APC is better.

Optimum Car Wax has always streaked and left holograms for me. Maybe because I have used it outside. If you plan on using it as a stand alone its hard to beat, but as a wax booster or drying aid there is better choices like Hydro or Aquawax.

I've never used DP Rinseless, but the waterless is terrible, which would make me shy away from the rinseless. UWW+ and Pinnacle Rinseless are awesome. Optimum Car Wash is very good. The 303 stuff for fabric tops is tops as well.

I've never used the other stuff, but don't know if I'd pay that much for clay, when the "clay alternatives" last much longer, are OK if you drop them, and are generally faster to use. I would only use clay anymore on the softest of paints - and only if I wasn't polishing after using it.

I've never used any special headlight products. You can use regular polish and sandpaper (if necessary) on headlights. Coat them once with OptiCoat and your done. Honestly, I'm not sure why Optimum came out with OptiLens, as OC has worked fine on headlights.

jwilson534
05-23-2013, 04:04 PM
Thanks all for the info.. I have been changing some stuff to start out but all the info is great! Thanks!

Zapa
05-23-2013, 04:46 PM
Wheel cleaner- I would use ironx or sonax

BradsDetailing
05-23-2013, 05:35 PM
Wheel cleaner- I would use ironx or sonax

Used Iron X for the first time and I would highly recommend it

Zapa
05-23-2013, 05:53 PM
Used Iron X for the first time and I would highly recommend it

Ironx is simply an amazing wheel cleaner and it is safe on paints. I love the stuff.