PDA

View Full Version : How I get Streak Free Mirrors and Glass Everytime

Pages : [1] 2

SYMAWD
05-21-2013, 07:37 PM
The secret is in the towel. No matter what cleaner I use within reason, yields no streaks. More info in the video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99FDzZrzjnY]How to Get Streak Free Mirrors, Glass, and Windows - YouTube[/video]

camaro2ssblack
05-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Very nice demo! I also use Adams cleaner with their towels with great results. I like the tip about how to tell which side the streaks are on.

Pureshine
05-21-2013, 08:03 PM
I use 2 towels works great.

PiPUK
05-22-2013, 04:56 AM
The trick to glass cleaning is getting yourself a product which does not rely on a towel and does not absolutely require buffing - there are not many!! The towels are often a trick which hides the failing of a product.

swanicyouth
05-22-2013, 05:09 AM
Nice video and great tips! I clean any dirt off the glass with Pinnacle Glass Cleaner and a regular towel. Then I go over it with DI water and a CarPro Fast Glass towel. That towel has zero nap, think microfiber bed sheet.

You get the rain repellent benefit of the Pinnacle product and streak free windows.

BobbyG
05-22-2013, 06:31 AM
Always use 2 towels
Wipe glass immediately after cleaning with dry towel
Don't over saturate the cloth otherwise it reaches it's maximum absorption and will redeposit dissolved contaminants back on the clean glass leaving streaks...

SYMAWD
05-22-2013, 09:43 AM
The trick to glass cleaning is getting yourself a product which does not rely on a towel and does not absolutely require buffing - there are not many!! The towels are often a trick which hides the failing of a product.

You clean glass without a towel?

The cleaner I use works without buffing or a specific towel, but I was demonstrating how to get it streak free with almost any cleaner within reason for automotive glass.

Anthony@zerboautoworks
05-22-2013, 09:47 AM
Always use 2 towels
Wipe glass immediately after cleaning with dry towel
Don't over saturate the cloth otherwise it reaches it's maximum absorption and will redeposit dissolved contaminants back on the clean glass leaving streaks...

This exactly how it needs to be done.

PiPUK
05-22-2013, 10:17 AM
You clean glass without a towel?

The cleaner I use works without buffing or a specific towel, but I was demonstrating how to get it streak free with almost any cleaner within reason for automotive glass.

No, you can clean without a specific towel or buffing and still avoid streaks, but that does not work with any old glass cleaner.

nissenc1337
05-22-2013, 10:24 AM
Best trick in the book: use newspaper as your towel. Works 100% of the time. :props:

SYMAWD
05-22-2013, 10:34 AM
No, you can clean without a specific towel or buffing and still avoid streaks, but that does not work with any old glass cleaner.

Again, what I wrote above:

craz0boy
05-22-2013, 10:34 AM
Like stated, 2 towels & my weapon of choice - dodo juice clay lube.
Found this out on accident. Works awesome. No streaks & can can do all windows in/out in less than 5min.
Just ordered another bottle of concentrate among other items with the free shipping deal last night :D

poweraid
05-22-2013, 10:42 AM
+1 on the fast glass towels !

slimnib
05-22-2013, 11:05 AM

??????? Sorry but I do not understand this. Tell me how you wipe off the residue?

slimnib
05-22-2013, 11:08 AM
Best trick in the book: use newspaper as your towel. Works 100% of the time. :props:

My dad did this in the old days. Worked great, with plain old Glass Wax.