PDA

View Full Version : Differences between the house-brand Microfiber Cleaners

mavin
05-21-2013, 04:36 PM
DP, Blackfire and Pinnacle all have microfiber cleaning products. Is one considered better than the others? Major differences?

Thanks!

swanicyouth
05-21-2013, 04:46 PM
BlackFire is the best. DP is pretty close.

poweraid
05-21-2013, 04:57 PM
I've never tried anything else but micro-restore . so I can't comment on how well one works from the other . but micro-restore list 1oz for 1/2 load, 2oz for full load , get 32 oz for $15 . bf says 2oz for 1/2 load , 4oz for full load , u get 16oz for $15 . do the math . like I said I can't comment on effectiveness of any other mf cleaners , I use micro-restore . maybe those who use bf mf cleaner are not using it at 2oz - 4oz ? and still cleans well ?

mavin
05-21-2013, 05:30 PM
Thanks. Someone referred to these cleaners as "snake oil" in another thread. Maybe Ill just try tide for now :P

Durallymax
05-21-2013, 05:44 PM
I've never really understood what a proper "Load" is. I had a handful of MF towels to wash (10-15). Most were fairly plush and a coupler were larger waffle weave towels. When I threw them in the wash, I looked and said "that does not look like a half load. So I decided to add 1oz of Blackfire MF cleaner instead of 2oz. I put it where I normally would put detergent. I ran it on a delicate hand wash cycle.

The towels were all "clean" but the stains remained. The glass towels still had the black from bumping the window trims, and the ones I had used when polishing some single stage paints still had the paint color embedded in them. They did not look clean at all, but the dirt was gone, I could not smell compound or other products and they did feel better than new again after running them on low heat in the dryer.

Now I am not sure if the washer style matters. Like many people who have purchased in recent years, I have a high effeciency front load washer. (Whirlpool to be specific).

Should I be selecting a different wash cycle? Using more product? Using a different product or is it just normal for the stains to be there?

Not trying to derail, just kind of a review on my experiences and a question since were on the topic of MF cleaners anyways.

Bunky
05-21-2013, 05:47 PM
Thanks. Someone referred to these cleaners as "snake oil" in another thread. Maybe Ill just try tide for now :P

You owe it to yourself to get a sample (recommend Blackfire) to try to decide for yourself. Many like the microfiber specific detergents so it is not just snake oil.

Audi X2
05-21-2013, 06:18 PM
You owe it to yourself to get a sample (recommend Blackfire) to try to decide for yourself. Many like the microfiber specific detergents so it is not just snake oil.

:iagree: 100% Not snake oil.
Try the Blackfire it is excellent :xyxthumbs:

luv a shine
05-21-2013, 06:53 PM
:iagree: 100% Not snake oil.
Try the Blackfire it is excellent :xyxthumbs:

+1

ihaveacamaro
05-21-2013, 07:14 PM

There's no question that Tide works. I just like having a seperate Microfiber wash that I know was designed for microfibers. Makes life's annoying chores just a little bit easier (actually a lot). Don't have to deal with vinegar rinse cycles either.

I have a video on Blackfire Microfiber Cleaner. If you aren't convinced after watching that, I don't think you ever will be.

How To Clean Microfiber Towels The Easy Way!!! - YouTube (http://youtu.be/k61suqb2SJI)

WRXINXS
05-21-2013, 07:57 PM
BlackFire is the best. DP is pretty close.

Exactly what I keep hearing (Blackfire #1 and DP close second). I have only tried BF and MicroRestore and Blackfire rinses so much cleaner. I love the stuff, just bought a half gallon.

SYMAWD
05-21-2013, 08:02 PM
To remove heavy stains, put a little detergent in a spray bottle and pre treat the stain. It works almost every time for me.

spiralout462
05-21-2013, 08:46 PM
I have used all three PBMG micro detergents. I have a hard time convincing myself that Blackfire is the best. It doesn't seem to clean or rinse any better than DP or Pinnacle for me so going by cost alone that's enough for me to rank them in this order:

1: DP
2: Pinnacle
3: Blackfire

And to the naysayers; Why spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on the best car care towels in the world if you wash them in Tide?