PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys PVA sponges/applicators?

dengood1
05-27-2007, 10:37 AM
Has anyone used these?

http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/316HPYAT3KL._AA280_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B0002UQAC0/sr=1-31/qid=1180280148/ref=dp_image_0/002-4309498-4624840?ie=UTF8&n=15684181&s=automotive&qid=1180280148&sr=1-31)

Poorboy's PVA Lifetime Sponge

Product Description
Product Description
Poorboys PVA Lifetime Sponge Applicators were selected for use with their other equally incredible productsEX-Sealant with Carnauba and EX-P Sealant. After trials with many different applicators, this one came out on top. Not only was its performance and the outcome far better than all others, but the material itself is much more durable, more absorbent, more uniform application, easy to care for and conveniently lends itself to any shape you prefer for strategic placement of wax. Of course, it works the same wonders with your favorite wax or sealant! The sponge applicator will not degrade from contact with chemicals or fall apart with frequent usage. Its name says it alllifetime! Will it last a lifetime? Probably not, but pretty darn close. PVA is engineered to withstand the tough action that comes with making your car look its showroom best. Mark my words--I predict that sponge applicators will eventually replace foam in popularity just as microfibers have replaced terry in the car care world. What will they come up with next?

sneek
05-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Hmm, Using PVA isn't a new idea. Body shops have been using it for years. I don't really know what is so special about a poorboys PVA applicator, you could probably go out and get one at Walmart. Maybe get a 300micron to be gentle to the finish.

EDIT: BTW: they dont clean out that well

joe.p
05-27-2007, 01:42 PM
iirc,Steve sold out of the PVA's and never restocked them..

i went to PB's site ..i didn't see the PVA's listed..
where did you find the ones you posted

dengood1
05-27-2007, 05:35 PM
iirc,Steve sold out of the PVA's and never restocked them..

i went to PB's site ..i didn't see the PVA's listed..
where did you find the ones you posted

Joe - Amazon------sold out as well.

sneek - I know it's not a new idea, but I've never used them before and was just curious of how well they work. Thanks:)

joe.p
05-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Joe - Amazon------sold out as well.

sneek - I know it's not a new idea, but I've never used them before and was just curious of how well they work. Thanks:)
Steve sold the sponges on his sight over a year ago...he was getting constant request for the sponges..i think Steve never replace the PVA's b/c they were no longer availabe..i hear they where as soft as a babies bottom

if your interested you can email Steve:

Phone: (845) 627-5907
Email: poorboysworld@att.net

ScottB
05-28-2007, 12:41 AM
I tried one of these about a year back as memory serves, its about the softest applicator made. It was very similar to the white Edge Shmitt in feel. I dont know that it would ever replace the foam applicator but a nice offering.

klumzypinoy
05-28-2007, 01:37 AM
Aren't PVAs those sponges used in girls makeup stuff? :p

budman3
05-28-2007, 10:40 PM
Steve sold the sponges on his sight over a year ago...he was getting constant request for the sponges..i think Steve never replace the PVA's b/c they were no longer availabe..i hear they where as soft as a babies bottom

if your interested you can email Steve:

Phone: (845) 627-5907
Email: poorboysworld@att.net

I think they have been gone for well over a year, maybe even 2???

I never got the chance to use a PVA before which is a bummer because they seemed like they were great...

PhaRO
05-29-2007, 06:46 PM
Dollar Tree Chain = PVA Sponges

dengood1
05-29-2007, 09:02 PM
thanks guys.......I didn't realize that Amazon would still have them listed as "out of stock". Obviously they've been gone for a while. Thanks again.

wytstang
05-30-2007, 12:17 AM
Google: brilex solutions as they sells PVA sponges.