PDA

View Full Version : I finally got to my project.

Skoob
05-20-2013, 07:48 PM
Let me start off by saying thanks to all who read my questions and the others who post here. My project is a 1992 single stage Toyota pickup. This car has been in my family since 1998. I have been detailing it for years. Most of it with great success. I found these forums last year and dove in reading everything and anything about polishing paint. I live in a apartment and it is hard to keep the cars clean. I finally stated building my arsenal with the Griots Garage kit from Autogeek, two Git Guards and some buckets I had around.
I recently purchased Pinnacle Liquid Gloss with Carnauba to do a wash. Using the two bucket method I washed the and dried the truck. One word WOW! I had no idea I could was with just 4 gallons of water. I was using Meguiars Wash and wax anywhere a great product but it is expensive. I missed the washing my truck. Waterless washing is great but I feel I missing something.

Next I pulled out my Griots 6" orbital, orange foam pad and meguiars swirlx. It did a decent job of pulling out the catches and swirls. Not bad for my first time with this device. Then I went for the meguiars ultimate polish and a white pad, more pop in this tired old red color. Then I topped it off with meguiars next 2.0 tech wax.

My wife saw the truck and said WOW! It was just beautiful. I was fighting the rain all day, I was also working out side while it was off and on. I was a good day check out that beading action.

Just amazing results for my first ever correction. I couldn't have done it without this forum or Autogeek. I also have give a shout out to Mike Phillips whose new book is chocked with so much good info, and his articles on this forum.

Thanks for reading. I also look forward to reading more from this forum going forward. As Mike says" Make it Shine"

Evan.J
05-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Let me start off by saying thanks to all who read my questions and the others who post here. My project is a 1992 single stage Toyota pickup. This car has been in my family since 1998. I have been detailing it for years. Most of it with great success. I found these forums last year and dove in reading everything and anything about polishing paint. I live in a apartment and it is hard to keep the cars clean. I finally stated building my arsenal with the Griots Garage kit from Autogeek, two Git Guards and some buckets I had around.
I recently purchased Pinnacle Liquid Gloss with Carnauba to do a wash. Using the two bucket method I washed the and dried the truck. One word WOW! I had no idea I could was with just 4 gallons of water. I was using Meguiars Wash and wax anywhere a great product but it is expensive. I missed the washing my truck. Waterless washing is great but I feel I missing something.

Next I pulled out my Griots 6" orbital, orange foam pad and meguiars swirlx. It did a decent job of pulling out the catches and swirls. Not bad for my first time with this device. Then I went for the meguiars ultimate polish and a white pad, more pop in this tired old red color. Then I topped it off with meguiars next 2.0 tech wax.

My wife saw the truck and said WOW! It was just beautiful. I was fighting the rain all day, I was also working out side while it was off and on. I was a good day check out that beading action.

Just amazing results for my first ever correction. I couldn't have done it without this forum or Autogeek. I also have give a shout out to Mike Phillips whose new book is chocked with so much good info, and his articles on this forum.

Thanks for reading. I also look forward to reading more from this forum going forward. As Mike says" Make it Shine"

Looks good! You should have taken some before pictures but no big deal. Great job! :props:

Setec Astronomy
05-20-2013, 09:05 PM
Looks good, nice work!

cardaddy
05-20-2013, 10:47 PM
Looks good Skoob!

Boy do I remember THAT single stage red Toyota truck paint! My Dad used to have a 87 Toyo truck with it. That puppy would chalk up like crazy if you didn't keep it waxed.

No chance of that happening on your ride now dude! (Especially now that' you've been 'Geeked'.) :D