PDA

View Full Version : Paint Prep Product Prior To Opti Coat Pro

KJW Detailing
05-19-2013, 11:02 AM
Good Morning,

I just received word from Chris at Optimum, that KJW Detailing is now an Authorized Opti Coat Installer! I plan to buy an Opti coat pro Multi pack to test on several family members vehicles, but I want to upgrade to a better paint prep solution prior to the application of Opti Coat Pro.

Currently I'm using an IPA Mix. I've read people using optimum power clean, griots garage paint prep, and car pro eraser.

What do you use and your experiences using it?

Detail-Impressions
05-19-2013, 11:35 AM
CarPro Easer

Ryry11
05-19-2013, 12:14 PM
CarPro Easer

I've seen Chris say somewhere that carpro leaves something behind and that an ipa is better? (However, I'm currently living with a botched oc 2.0 job so I'm curious on input)

Old Tiger
05-19-2013, 01:35 PM
I've seen Chris say somewhere that carpro leaves something behind and that an ipa is better? (However, I'm currently living with a botched oc 2.0 job so I'm curious on input)

I have had no issues with Eraser as a prep for OG . I am not a fan of Power Clean for this app. If I had to use an APC, it would be DP Cleans All. Chris is not a fan of Car Pro anything.

SonOfOC
05-19-2013, 01:45 PM
I had no issues with Eraser. Have used it on at least 20 cars prior to OC, C1, and Cquartz.

Its important to flip and change out towels frequently.

Wheelzntoys
05-19-2013, 02:09 PM
Gtechniq panel wipe or Nanolex paint cleaner (IPA) if its a product you want to buy.