PDA

View Full Version : "Generic Pads"

crober53
05-19-2013, 12:22 AM
I am expecting to buy about 10-12 pads tonight or tomorrow. I've used HF pads, waffle style pads and all do a great job. No issues besides they wore out typically faster, or explode. My question is what are some good generic or cheaper style pads maybe $5-$8 a pad. I usually only do interior details and washes. Yet, I am moving to Lexington, KY in a week and a half and I'm assuming there's a better market than here for exterior details.

blackwaterstout
06-15-2013, 08:22 PM
I've seen several decent looking pads ZFE brand on eBay shipped from China for $2-$3 a pop. I thought about buying some to try out on some older project cars.

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=181070049745

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

inDetail
06-15-2013, 10:54 PM
If you buy pads in bulk you could hit the $8 range. I think AG has a 6 pack pad choose your own for $40+. You can grab some Lake Country pads.
I would skip the Generic pads. The last thing you want to have happen is the backing plate doing the polishing because of pad failure. If you have good technique and clean your pads well they should last a while. Car Pro has the white and yellow MF pads that CG sells at a MUCH better price. They look the same.

BillE
06-16-2013, 07:49 AM
:iagree:

Take a look at the AG store. Good, no great quality pads in bulk run in the price range you are looking at.

Bill