PDA

View Full Version : Help with Optiguard Detailing

davidkyle1986
05-18-2013, 05:20 PM
Hi guys. I'm new to the whole detailing game, but I'm learning fast. My 2014 Mustang 5.0 is my baby, and I want to give her all she deserves. I had the car OptiGuarded 10 days ago so that I had good long term paint protection, since she is my DD(My commute is max 6 miles a day total). I plan on keeping her for as long as she'll live, ha ha. My question is simple. I have the foamgun from AG, as well as buckets, gritguard, microfiber mitts, waffle weave towels, you get the drift. I am now waiting for Optimum No Rinse to make it's way in to me. Here is my situation. In the case of say 3 days worth of pollen, and minimal time to wash, what should I do? It's going to rain tonight, tomorrow, and the next day. I just want my car to be protected from water spots. Can I wet the car, spray it with the foam, wash the foam off with ONLY A HOSE, then dry the car and QD? The drying is 5 minutes because of OG. Would this be acceptable so I don't damage the paint?
Additional info: All that is on the car is 3 days of pollen

Quiksilver5882
05-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Do you have access to an electric leaf blower? I find myself foaming the car and blowing it dry due to the insane amount of pollen here in Jersey. In theory all of the dirt and pollen should be pulled off with the foam and high pressure rinse, so using a waffle weave shouldn't cause too many issues. I would just inspect your paint thoroughly to ensure that everything was removed prior to touching it with any towels.

Ted Y
05-26-2013, 03:38 PM
The Opti Guard coating is designed to protect against water spot etchings and stains. Don't sweat the pollen either, it shouldn't bond. At a maximum, you could clay bar after a wash, but I would let the Opti Guard get about thirty days old before doing that.