PDA

View Full Version : CG Glassworkz Optical Clarity Glass Cleaner dilution question?

cleanmycorolla
05-18-2013, 03:43 PM
What ratio are you all using this at and still finding success with it? Just curious as I picked up a gallon today and wanted to separate some for use.

Thanks an advance.

vegas911gts
05-18-2013, 04:15 PM
50/50 mix works for me. 100% always streaks. I guess you can try a lower dilution, but I like 50/50 mix. Cleans well and leaves no streaks like before.

Choop145
10-05-2013, 05:54 PM
50/50 mix works for me. 100% always streaks. I guess you can try a lower dilution, but I like 50/50 mix. Cleans well and leaves no streaks like before.

Ya, the directions say you "can" go 1:1, but they don't really tell you to do it. I hated this stuff when I first got it, with the haze it left. Once i diluted it 50/50, this stuff has been great. I posted a picture the other day on facebook after waxing my car and a friend asked me if i put wax on my glass too.

So for any of you thinking about getting this product, go 1:1 on it. You'll be happy.

Ep3rr
10-05-2013, 06:40 PM
I've tried at full strength and at 1:1 dilution, and I get nothing but streaks. I'll try diluting some more, but so far, this stuff fell flat on its face for me.

Choop145
10-05-2013, 06:43 PM
I've tried at full strength and at 1:1 dilution, and I get nothing but streaks. I'll try diluting some more, but so far, this stuff fell flat on its face for me.

I was thinking the same way you were. I was wondering how they sold this stuff to honest people. But keep diluting it til the streaks and haze go away. I actually had a little more than half a bottle of glassworkz and added distilled water til the bottle was full. That fixed everything for me. Hopefully you can get this product to be useful for you.

cleanmycorolla
10-05-2013, 06:50 PM

I was thinking the same way you were. I was wondering how they sold this stuff to honest people. But keep diluting it til the streaks and haze go away. I actually had a little more than half a bottle of glassworkz and added distilled water til the bottle was full. That fixed everything for me. Hopefully you can get this product to be useful for you.

I've used it a lot since this was first posted! I use it at 5:1 and 4:1. And it's awesome. It's seriously become my favorite glass product.

Shane731
10-05-2013, 10:10 PM

:iagree: I wound up pouring what I had out. Glass cleaning is a big enough headache as it is without having a finicky glass cleaner to boot. Meguiar's Detailer glass cleaner concentrate or Perfect Clarity Glass Cleaner are much better options.