PDA

View Full Version : Water Spots

Lightscapes
05-18-2013, 02:52 PM
I had a garden hose blow a hole in it when I was at the store. My wife ran outside to turn the water off and when I came home the whole left side of my black truck had spots. So in a panic i hosed the whole thing off and wiped it down. I just clayed, polished, and waxed it 2 weeks ago so would not think the out print of the spots would stay on there. I used wolfgain swirl remover and pinnacle solv wax both products were not cheap. How does this happen and what do I need to get rid of it. Thanks

GenesisCoupe
05-18-2013, 02:54 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/36306-tips-removing-type-i-water-spots.html

Pureshine
05-18-2013, 03:02 PM
Did you use a sealant?

Lightscapes
05-18-2013, 03:03 PM
Thanks I did use a paint sealant the 3.0 wolfgain and the pinnacle wax that's why I'm shocked this happened I put 2 days into detailing that truck and just didn't think this would still happen.

GenesisCoupe
05-18-2013, 03:09 PM
I just bought water spot remover from i believe Chemical Guys, gonna give that a try.

TCFatboy
05-25-2013, 05:56 PM
I use this Product, and belive me it works great!!

from Ultra Clean / Heavy Duty Hard Water Spot Remover
I done jobs with this product were others fail

No need to polish, use a machine, Just in a Bucket of Purified water Destiled better. Add some of this special Acid. Don´t really need much.

get a clean Mftowel, damp it into the bucket, Work in section panels. once you pass it over the paint. give few seconds, rinse it with clean water, and dry it. That´s how I do mine´s and I have removed really bad car´s that had serious water mark´s on the paint.

{ note: You will start with a small portion, if you don´t see results on the panel you are working on. Increase the formula. not all the car´s will work with the same dilution!!! }

ULTRA CLEAN / Santa Fe springs CA - 90670
{562 } 802-3363
JUST in case you want to get some of this great Product!!!

swanicyouth
05-25-2013, 07:12 PM
No LSP will stop hard water spots. Best thing is to avoid them, but stiff happens. If they are fresh (topical) type I water spots, Duragloss Water Spot Remover works well. Its not like a paint cleaner or "buff off" type product (like the CG stuff is if I recall), but a spray and wipe (like a QD).

Another great product to remove them (slightly more work) is the liquid Mothers Cleaner Wax. The combo of cleaners/mild abrasives and wax take them off pretty well - great for glass.

Of course, if that doesn't work, a paint cleaner with a DA likely will, if they haven't etched. They are the 3 methods I've used. I find if they have only been there a few hours, the Duragloss stuff will work. If its many hours a paint cleaner is needed.

Lightscapes
05-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Thanks Everyone...