PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish Help......

cpiman
05-28-2006, 04:14 PM
HI,
My Name is Chris. The last few days I have been detailing my Corvette with Pinnacle products along with my new porter cable. I used the Advanced Swirl remover along W/ a orange pad. and the polish W/ a white pad.

Here is the problem I am having........

I got the car all buffed out and I am on the Polishing step with the white pad. I am following the steps that I could find on the Autogeek web site and what is on the bottle. here is a step by step that I am doing.....

Apply a circle on the pad and spread it around on a 2 foot SQ area.
Turn on polisher with a setting of 4.5 working it into the paint till it starts to dry.
Buff off with my Green MF towel.

I am getting areas that I can't buff off!:(

I don't know if I am doing something wrong here (Prolly am) but I am getting Very flustered trying to get this done so I can put my ReJex on for the 12 hours curing time so I can go for a drive tomorrow.

If I could get some help here that would be wonderful.

Surfer
05-28-2006, 04:49 PM
Hmmm, not sure about the Pinnacle stuff. With Optimum Compound and Polish, I spread around and then work the product in on speed 4, and then speed 6 for the finale. Maybe try speed 5 or even 6? That's how I and my buddies and others I've spoke to do for polishing.

ScottB
05-28-2006, 06:01 PM
check the Corvetteforum .... I gave you a hint on polish removal. Not sure which polish you were using after ASR and the orange pad however.

Bebaco
09-30-2006, 04:27 PM
Too early...

ScottB
09-30-2006, 05:47 PM
Too early...

not always. Environment, heat, and cars temp can all play an important part in polishing. If a polish drys (flashes) too soon, you can use a qd'er to keep it damp longer and allow the polish to fully break down. If you are having a problem removing the haze after polishing, use a damp towel with a little qd'er. The polish already did the work ... we just need to get it removed without a mess.