PDA

View Full Version : Maintaining clean tires.

Dogfather
05-16-2013, 12:40 PM
I recently cleaned my tires and clear coated rims with Eagle 1 A2Z (which I find to be a very effective OTC product BTW). I then applied two layers of sealant to the rims and Duragloss non-silicone dressing to the tires. What can I use henceforth to thoroughly clean the tires without stripping the sealant on the wheels so I can reapply dressing.

My apologies in advance if this is a wacky question.

cplchris
05-16-2013, 12:44 PM
use car wash shampoo and water to maintain your wheels and tires, you will eventually need to reclean the tires with a tire cleaner or degreaser but the wheels can be maintained just fine with your routine car wash shampoo

Dogfather
05-16-2013, 01:45 PM
use car wash shampoo and water to maintain your wheels and tires, you will eventually need to reclean the tires with a tire cleaner or degreaser but the wheels can be maintained just fine with your routine car wash shampoo
Thanks, that's what I figured. I've always just used shampoo on my sealed wheels, I was just hoping there was something I could routinely use on the tires to get them squeaky clean, free of old dressing, and ready for a new application.

cplchris
05-16-2013, 01:55 PM
shampoo and elbow grease, IMo any tire dressing that remains on after that is bonded well enough and clean enough to stay on be ok. just make sure you are using a good dressing such as optimum tire gel

swanicyouth
05-16-2013, 02:10 PM
IMO nothing. Dressings on tires attract dirt. That's why I use Tuff Shine. Technically, with regular dressings, you should scrub the tire clean each wash and re-dress. I've used regular dressings for short periods and the always attract dirt.

Dogfather
05-16-2013, 02:36 PM
IMO nothing. Dressings on tires attract dirt. That's why I use Tuff Shine. Technically, with regular dressings, you should scrub the tire clean each wash and re-dress. I've used regular dressings for short periods and the always attract dirt.

Thanks. Maybe I'll look into Tuff Shine. The description leads me to believe a maximum of one coat would give me that non-glossy new tire look I get from DG 321.

hernandez.art13
05-16-2013, 02:53 PM
Title says (Maintaing Clean Tires) so I don't think I'm hijacking the thread.

So my question is:

What about maintaing clean white wall tires.

Like these ^

I want to know cos I am going to be getting them.

Theo_Auto_Fines
05-16-2013, 02:58 PM
Whats the point of dressing the tires anyway? I do it because the customers request it but I fail to see the benefits of shiny tires.

Dogfather
05-16-2013, 03:05 PM
Whats the point of dressing the tires anyway? I do it because the customers request it but I fail to see the benefits of shiny tires.

My tires aren't shiny after I dress them. They just look the way they did when they were new.

hernandez.art13
05-16-2013, 03:14 PM

Looks glossy and shiny... When I see a car with shiny tires. I always think, "cool probably just got the car wash"

nissenc1337
05-16-2013, 04:12 PM

Because nothing says "hey, i'm clean and taken care of" like shiny tires. Doesn't matter if you just removed every imperfection in the paint. If the tires aren't shiny you didn't have it "just detailed."

I'm in the "leave em be" boat. I use Mothers Tire cleaner and their tire/wheel brushes to clean mine before each wash and leave them alone.