PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber

CAMMIN HEMI
05-15-2013, 11:15 PM
I do not have a lot of expertise when it comes to microfiber. I just purchased two new Cobra super plush microfiber towels for wax removal & polishing. What application, if any, is the short nap side used for? I have a new car and I am trying my best to avoid swirls and marks. I used to use plush 100% cotton terry cloth towels in the past. I'm learning a lot from this site/forum and changing my "old" ways!
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spiralout462
05-15-2013, 11:22 PM
I like the short nap side for removing polish residue and wax removal. The long nap side is great for quick detailers and spray wax.

Welcome to AGO!

CAMMIN HEMI
05-16-2013, 07:30 AM
I like the short nap side for removing polish residue and wax removal. The long nap side is great for quick detailers and spray wax.

Welcome to AGO!

Thank you! :) I've been a car fanatic for a long time. I've used other microfiber towels recently, but the flip side of these particular towels are almost flat like a backing material.

spiralout462
05-17-2013, 10:24 PM
Thank you! :) I've been a car fanatic for a long time. I've used other microfiber towels recently, but the flip side of these particular towels are almost flat like a backing material.

Did you get the purple or gray towels? I love them both! And the Gold Plush and the Miracle Towel and the Guzzler....................:)

:buffing:

hernandez.art13
05-17-2013, 11:41 PM
I was doing a quick detail on my car. And could not find a reason to use the ruff side of the towels.(I really tried)

The only thing I could think of was my wheels. (But didn't because I would cross contaminate)

Now I know why other AG members have 500 towels lol

CAMMIN HEMI
05-18-2013, 11:06 PM
I was doing a quick detail on my car. And could not find a reason to use the ruff side of the towels.(I really tried)

The only thing I could think of was my wheels. (But didn't because I would cross contaminate)

Now I know why other AG members have 500 towels lol

I've got the purple ones and the plush side is extremely soft. I plan on removing Maguire's Ultimate wax with these after I clay bar it ( 2013 hemi orange Challenger R/T Classic ).

hernandez.art13
05-18-2013, 11:15 PM
Yeah I have the Cobra Jr. Set
Thy are really nice and keep them bagged at all times lol.

The Chemical guys grey ones are not as plush but seem fine.