PDA

View Full Version : Need help! First timer placing order

Pages : [1] 2 3

Venom93corba
05-15-2013, 10:58 PM
Well I'm getting ready to place my first order and I'm starting from scratch. I guess my first question is how many mf towels do I order? When you fully detail a car how many do you go through for the whole process? Secondly DA pads. Same thing how many? If your applying a coat of wax do you use one pad to apply the whole coat? Sorry for the newb questions I just want to make sure I do it write.

af90
05-15-2013, 11:04 PM
Microfiber Towels

Washing - 1-2 Mitts/Pads
Drying - 2
Assorted Buffing - I'd say at least 3 min

DA Pads
2 of each
Personally 2 Compounding/Polishing Microfiber Pads works
Or 2 sets of Flat/Hydrotech Pads will work

Just one foam applicator for each product, I like the CCS Foam Pads.

If you're doing a 2 Bucket Wash method make sure you have both, grit guards, etc..

What are you currently looking at product wise if I may ask?

hernandez.art13
05-15-2013, 11:04 PM
Your write was right. Welcome btw

I think you need to ask yourself... What do you want exactly? And how much is your budget. Is it going to be just your car? Or are planning on starting up a business?

Venom93corba
05-15-2013, 11:25 PM
This is just for a personal black vehicle (Escalade) that I plan on keeping it looking amazing. My budget is $600-$700 and I plan on devoting 5 hrs a week to it.

cleanmycorolla
05-15-2013, 11:34 PM
This is just for a personal black vehicle (Escalade) that I plan on keeping it looking amazing. My budget is $600-$700 and I plan on devoting 5 hrs a week to it.

After your first detail you won't be needing to spend 5hrs a week on it, I don't know why you would unless dirt bombs explode on your car. :).

T3 AutoDetails
05-15-2013, 11:39 PM
I on average use about 20-30 MF towels on a detail. Once they become spoiled I don't use them again, When doing ONR (optimum no rinse) and APC (all purpose cleaner) i ended up using about 30 or 40 towels. This is doing everything mind you, jambs,interior,exterior,tires,wheels, but I never can have enough MF (micro fiber towels.)

Venom93corba
05-15-2013, 11:47 PM
DUST drives me crazy!

hernandez.art13
05-15-2013, 11:58 PM
I spent $300 and that got me a machine including kit. I would recommend buying more MF towels. I would say 10 for a quick car wash. But since your detailing a big car. Maybe 15-20? (Just to be safe, this is just to start btw)

Then go to Costco and get yourself some cheaper MF towels for door jam, engine bays etc...

5 hours might be the first job on your car. However with proper care, the time you spend on your car will be dramatically reduced.

The most I worry about is dust and random bird poops since I came to AG

hernandez.art13
05-15-2013, 11:59 PM
I on average use about 20-30 MF towels on a detail. Once they become spoiled I don't use them again, When doing ONR (optimum no rinse) and APC (all purpose cleaner) i ended up using about 30 or 40 towels. This is doing everything mind you, jambs,interior,exterior,tires,wheels, but I never can have enough MF (micro fiber towels.)

What do you mean by spoiled?

Elliott.lwy
05-16-2013, 12:08 AM
$600 budget should be more than enough. I started detailing my car with only ~$400. Make sure you get enough pads depending on the size of your car. MF towels are not that expensive compare to pads, get more so that you don't have to reuse the dirty towels while you are detailing. It would be good to start with Meguiars MF cutting and polishing pads for paint corrections. I am not an expert and this is just my experience when I first started.

T3 AutoDetails
05-16-2013, 12:15 AM
What do you mean by spoiled?

When I notice a towel getting too dirty, I don't keep using it I just grab another one instead of rubbing more dirt into a clean area.

hernandez.art13
05-16-2013, 12:29 AM
When I notice a towel getting too dirty, I don't keep using it I just grab another one instead of rubbing more dirt into a clean area.

Same here just have never heard the term "spoiled" being used before.

I do spoild my MF towel though lol 😄

Theo_Auto_Fines
05-16-2013, 12:30 AM

I guess that would be common sense. Then again sense is not common these days..

Venom93corba
05-16-2013, 12:37 AM
Well I say $6-700 because I want to get that Blackfire Black Ice Whiplash kit, PC DA polisher and a boat load of mf towels and pads (and other stuff).

hernandez.art13
05-16-2013, 12:52 AM
Well I say $6-700 because I want to get that Blackfire Black Ice Whiplash kit, PC DA polisher and a boat load of mf towels and pads (and other stuff).

Your just spoiling yourself. Lol 👍

Get as much advise as you can here then call Auto Geek and speak to a representative.