PDA

View Full Version : Need a product recommendation for a stained headliner

mets2010
05-15-2013, 09:25 PM
I have a car that some kids threw cola through the sun roof and there are cola stains in the headliner and some other areas. Was wondering what product recommendations everyone has used to get out stains. I have Wolfgang carpet and upholstery but don't know if that's recommended for headliners.

pointillistic_practitioner
05-15-2013, 09:30 PM
Folex is amazing, u can probably even dilute it 1/2 Folex/1/2 water. Spray on, saturate area, agitate w/ fingers/ w/ brush, blot or extract away.

Andr3wilson
05-15-2013, 09:31 PM
What kind of headliner is it?

If it is a normal cloth headliner, then you can use CG Lightening Fast Stain Remover. If it is a suede or Alcantara, then use Swissvax Alcantara Cleaner.

Do be careful, I would really dilute it (like 1:15 or 1:20). You may clean it too well, and cause a lighter mark, meaning you have to either blend it in or do the whole headliner.

You can always use a tornador too.

mets2010
05-15-2013, 09:48 PM
I think it's cloth...it's fuzzy haha

TCFatboy
05-15-2013, 10:49 PM
I Won´t recommend damping it too much, soo it will get loose for sure. a good Apc / Folex / Simple Green. I think it can help you.

Have a portable steamer, better & less work you will do for sure!!!

cardaddy
05-15-2013, 11:33 PM
Folex is amazing, u can probably even dilute it 1/2 Folex/1/2 water. Spray on, saturate area, agitate w/ fingers/ w/ brush, blot or extract away.

:iagree: Folex is the shiznit! The LX470 we did last weekend had very similar cola stains all over the headliner. We ended up spot steaming quite a bit of it and blending the entire thing. :rolleyes: Total of just over 14 man hours in the interior by the time it was all back together and ready to deliver. (plus another 7 on the exterior wash/de-bug/wheels/AIO and wax)