PDA

View Full Version : Reformulated Opticlean

Ace22
05-15-2013, 08:09 PM
I have been using OCW for a while now, along with OID to maintain. I have read reviews on Opticlean, but I know it has recently been reformulated/tweaked. The OID claims to have antistatic properties and gloss agents, but I didn't know if the new Opticlean can do the same. I have a lot of dust/pollen issues, and was thinking the lubricant aspect of Opticlean might be a little safer to remove daily. Also, anybody seen an improvement with using it as a waterless wash? Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome.

swanicyouth
05-15-2013, 08:19 PM
OptiClean is very good. But, I just used the last of mine and won't be buying more. Its very good - as good as Pinnacle WW & UWW+ - except it cost 7 or 8x as much (once dilution is factored in).

So, unless your car is close to perfectly clean, its better to wipe it down with a waterless wash instead of a QD. I would try UWW+ or Pinnacle before OptiClean. Both are equally as good or better. - just much less $$$.

Vegas Transplant
05-15-2013, 08:45 PM
I have been using OCW for a while now, along with OID to maintain. I have read reviews on Opticlean, but I know it has recently been reformulated/tweaked. The OID claims to have antistatic properties and gloss agents, but I didn't know if the new Opticlean can do the same. I have a lot of dust/pollen issues, and was thinking the lubricant aspect of Opticlean might be a little safer to remove daily. Also, anybody seen an improvement with using it as a waterless wash? Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome.
Same reason I bought it last year.

OptiClean is very good. But, I just used the last of mine and won't be buying more. Its very good - as good as Pinnacle WW & UWW+ - except it cost 7 or 8x as much (once dilution is factored in).

So, unless your car is close to perfectly clean, its better to wipe it down with a waterless wash instead of a QD. I would try UWW+ or Pinnacle before OptiClean. Both are equally as good or better. - just much less $$$.

Same reason that I gave away nearly 3/4 full bottle this past wknd ~ though I rarely, if ever, WW anymore, regardless of temp.

Setec Astronomy
05-15-2013, 08:50 PM

I have the original version of Opti-Clean, for me it seems to leave the surface slicker and for longer than UWW+, but it requires more buffing and as you say, it's really expensive.

wanabe detailer
05-15-2013, 09:01 PM
I use Opti-clean for my door jambs diluted 3:1. Cleans and protects rubber and paint well. I also use ONRWW, but do not use any type of waterless wash on my paint other than door jambs and under hood.

Ace22
05-16-2013, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the input. I have a few bottles on order and will give it a try. I am not as concerned about cost, but I am wondering if it smears or repels dust (kind of like OID, FK425) better since it is reformulated. Will check it out this weekend once I get my order. I have come across smearing with OID a little and it can be touchy, although I love OCW...nice look and easy to use.