PDA

View Full Version : Dust the bane of my existence

Pages : [1] 2 3

CrayBrown
05-15-2013, 01:57 PM
I feel defeated. Every time I wash and wax my car the dust monster rolls in... No more black cars for me after this one...

c8n
05-15-2013, 01:59 PM
Only if the man upstairs could make dust in shiny black... but then again I guess owners of white cars would complain.

CrayBrown
05-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Yeah its a lose lose situation. Looks like people came and mowed the grass today. Looks like I got a fresh coat of pollen and dust.. Guess I better get some waterless car wash on order..

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
05-15-2013, 02:06 PM
Thats ok. I will still drive a black car no matter what. Nothing is greater looking than black when properly done. Sure it may take a bit more time to maintain but your efforts are rewarded with the best looking color.

CrayBrown
05-15-2013, 02:35 PM
Smack there is no doubt about that. Maybe when my kids are older or im retired. Ill get another but this bad boy will be my last for a while. Maybe Ill go brown or tan and call it a day :)

c8n
05-15-2013, 02:39 PM
I get a feeling no matter what the color of the car, many AG members will always see that layer of dust and would be bothered by it.

Ever since getting into this hobby, I only look at paint from 2 inches away. lol

Mazda.Mark
05-15-2013, 02:39 PM
Honestly I think it is Subaru that makes the best looking brown color out there. Usually I just think of older Buicks that look awful.

hernandez.art13
05-15-2013, 03:21 PM
I get a feeling no matter what the color of the car, many AG members will always see that layer of dust and would be bothered by it.

Ever since getting into this hobby, I only look at paint from 2 inches away. lol

Yep

swanicyouth
05-15-2013, 03:26 PM
Get a Master Blaster. If the car is clean, you can blow a lot of it off. Of course, if you do this outside, anyone watching will think your nuts.

silverfox
05-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Did you say wax ? That could be a big part of your problem.

Soundwave
05-15-2013, 03:55 PM
I get a fine layer of dust daily. I just use UWW and clean it once a day. takes maybe 20 mins to do the whole car and she stays nice and shiny most of the time.

Dr_Pain
05-15-2013, 04:21 PM
Here are two quotes to live by:

" The true mark of a qualified detailer is his ability to maintain a black car "

" A black car is a full time job! "

I drive a 2013 Tuxedo black Ford Raptor, and I get a lot of "can you make my black vehicle look like that" business from people that sees it. It is a full time job but one of the best advertising marquee

nissenc1337
05-15-2013, 04:23 PM

I agree, i'll wash my car only to notice a thin film of dust after a day in the parking garage. Still cleaner than anything in there!

CrayBrown
05-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Ehh I live close to a main road plus with everyone doing yard work so its unavoidable. I just felt a whoa is me post was in order. Especially seeing as it was ohh so purdy last night.. hopefully I can get it in the garage soon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

c8n
05-16-2013, 07:41 AM
I agree, i'll wash my car only to notice a thin film of dust after a day in the parking garage. Still cleaner than anything in there!

And probably you were the only one that would notice that dust. Your neighbors would probably think, "wow what a nice shinny car!"

Most AG members are just OCD lol