PDA

View Full Version : The cruel reality

jimjc
05-15-2013, 11:56 AM
Well this morning I got up to looked at my newly finished Collinite 845 car. Yesterday when I did my car it looked terrific as it does now but my wife was out for the day and returned last night. Her car I finished with just NXT2.0 about 1 1/2/2 mts. ago [ she has the exact car I have, only white pearl and mine is light silver] both are new cars.

Well with the 2 side by side my car looks no shinier than hers. I defy anyone to tell the difference. I put NXT2.0 under the Collinite on my car yesterday. Some have come on and questioned the two together and one has mentioned a glaze may be a better choice. I then remembered I did all my Mercedes that way and the cars looked fabulous all the time, a Megs glaze under Megs Hi Tech wax

So as it may seem to be a silly idea but I`m going to do it over. I`m still going to use Collinite but I`m thinking to put a glaze on before hopefully to bring up the shine.

One fellow mentioned PB White Diamond glaze. I need the shine to come up for me to be happy. you you think the glaze will do it or do you think a product like Menzurna 85rd would be better. Lastly is 85rd relatively easy to apply with a PC7424xd..Here I go again.

Setec Astronomy
05-15-2013, 12:00 PM
I don't think you're going to get the looks out of 845 that you did with #26.

swanicyouth
05-15-2013, 12:44 PM
White Diamond probably won't add much. 845 is tough, but not known for its looks. Try Fuzion.

jimjc
05-15-2013, 12:48 PM
I don't think you're going to get the looks out of 845 that you did with #26.

Really, what do you think will be different? I assumed from reading the threads that 845 was very good. Am I missing something?

swanicyouth
05-15-2013, 12:55 PM
You should ask one of the guys who swears "wax is wax" and they all look the same and anyone who spends more than X $ for their LSP is wasting money. Of course, X is always directly related to how much THEY can afford or feel comfortable spending.

All I'm saying is I'm sure 845 is a fine wax and very durable. But I wouldn't feel too let down if it didn't look like Souverän, Fuzion, etc...

c8n
05-15-2013, 12:59 PM
In terms of looks, the carnauba is the way to go in my opinion.
Sealants looks very sharp and crisp but carnauba will give that warmth and some depth to your shine.

BTW... no need to do it all over. Just put another layer of carnauba.

Setec Astronomy
05-15-2013, 01:18 PM
Really, what do you think will be different? I assumed from reading the threads that 845 was very good. Am I missing something?

As Swanicyouth stated, 845 is a great wax, easy to apply and durable, with decent looks...but it's not a "beauty" wax. Typically waxes that look really good don't last that long. But I'm not one that spends a lot of time reflecting (ha, ha) on looks vs. durability.

c8n
05-15-2013, 01:24 PM
^ I agree. Although I do like carnauba, I only do this when I have time. However, I will always have a sealant on for durability. Its all about value. Even if you can tell the different between X and Y wax, at what cost and effort?

BlackHawk
05-15-2013, 01:43 PM
Your not going to get the same shine with silver compared to other colors like white pearl. It's the tough truth.

dorkiedoode
05-15-2013, 02:20 PM
If I'm not mistaken, NXT 2.0 is a beauty wax which makes the car pop like crazy but no durability. Like other have stated 845 is not a beauty wax. It's only for durability. I applied bfwd on my silver and that made it shiny. You might have to switch up to other product if you want shine and protection. I have 845 but I only use that for the roof and wheels. The rest of the car is bfwd & bfms.