PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Shine Time!!! I have a question for those who advertise on facebook!

Pages : [1] 2

ShineTimeDetail
05-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Haven't been on here much since we've been so incredibly swamped! Good things I tell ya! So anyways I wanted to see if anyone advertises on facebook? I have boosted my status but the problem with that is too manypeople outside of my area see it.

Can anyone give me any pointers?

Hope all is well with everyone and thanks for any help!

SuperiorAutoLLC
05-14-2013, 08:34 PM
I advertised on Facebook a while ago; I have had MUCH better luck using Google Adwords.

ShineTimeDetail
05-14-2013, 08:45 PM
I spent $600 on adwords in one month snd didn't get one call.

Bates Detailing
05-14-2013, 09:12 PM
Word of mouth man - advertising is not needed at all if the work is quality work. Ive thrown thousands away advertising - waste of time IMO.... let word of mouth work.

VP Mark
05-14-2013, 09:16 PM
In facebook ads you can select the geographical area that your ad goes to. For instance I put it for 25 miles within my location. Got plenty of likes from the 2 small campaigns I did, lots of followers now, and definitely increased my online social media presence.

If you spent $600 on google adwords and did not get a single call, you are simply doing something wrong. I average a call for every $10 spent, and some of my best clients come from my adwords advertising.

Detailing by M
05-14-2013, 09:26 PM
My ad words work for me.
And you can set your limit on how much you want to spend.
Plus Ad words ads aper on car related websites. I was searching for something one day and there was my ad. That was well worth the money.

ShineTimeDetail
05-14-2013, 09:52 PM
It was like 6 per click in stl.....

Pureshine
05-14-2013, 09:57 PM
I still say word of mouth is the best money spent :)

ShineTimeDetail
05-14-2013, 09:58 PM
I still say word of mouth is the best money spent :)

I get lots of word of mouth...I stay very busy but I want to keep a full time employee...so for that I need more work lol

Cosmin
05-14-2013, 10:03 PM
when i did fb advertise , i didn`t have a click for 2 month , after that , out of nowhere i got like 20 clicks a day for a few days and no calls at least to ask what`s going on , so i found that something is not right , plus was a hassle to cancel , they don`t have customer service , or they didn`t at that time , so you get stuck into something you don`t want.
stay away my advice, ad words is better , set your limits right and let it work for you.

Bates Detailing
05-14-2013, 10:13 PM
I get lots of word of mouth...I stay very busy but I want to keep a full time employee...so for that I need more work lol

Not getting this - I've got 6 full time employees and about to add 2 more (in the next 2 weeks) in the beginning of year 3..... with that said, I stopped paying for advertising over a year ago - I feel it is a waste! Maybe I am just SUPER lucky?!?!? Or something in your game plan may be off bro. Then again, I worked for peanuts in those years in the attempt to grow rapidly - that may be the extreme difference?!?! Wish you luck bro, but I stick with the fact that advertising in this business is a waste of time and money :/

hernandez.art13
05-14-2013, 11:35 PM
Not getting this - I've got 6 full time employees and about to add 2 more (in the next 2 weeks) in the beginning of year 3..... with that said, I stopped paying for advertising over a year ago - I feel it is a waste! Maybe I am just SUPER lucky?!?!? Or something in your game plan may be off bro. Then again, I worked for peanuts in those years in the attempt to grow rapidly - that may be the extreme difference?!?! Wish you luck bro, but I stick with the fact that advertising in this business is a waste of time and money :/

When you do hire new employees, how does the hiring process work in your case? They come and turn in there resume, ask if your hiring, word of mouth through recommendations? Just wondering...

hernandez.art13
05-14-2013, 11:36 PM

Oh 2nd question, what about business cards? Yay or nay?

Bates Detailing
05-14-2013, 11:54 PM
When you do hire new employees, how does the hiring process work in your case? They come and turn in there resume, ask if your hiring, word of mouth through recommendations? Just wondering...

Oh 2nd question, what about business cards? Yay or nay?

Hmmm lol - a bit over zealous on your questions here - must be an argument somewhere in these questions lol.

1)When looking for employees - yes we advertise and offer employment opportunity over the world wide web lol.

2)Business cards - yes, I have tons and give out about 10 a day to those that ask for them.

With this all said, I guess I do spend damn near $400 a year on advertising a year :/ Those business cards and the website that I designed and created and is hosting for cheap because of taking the time to build and design it myself could be argued to be advertising. The one thing I don't like about AG - people pick comments apart like they are in a court room - even if the plaintiff is just trying to help a fellow detailer out by offering his true advice from hardknock experience. Do what you want though lol.

quick estimate ($400/$300,000 revenue = less than 1.5% for advertising)

hernandez.art13
05-15-2013, 12:09 AM
Had to look up what overzealous meant lol

Web definitions
fanatic: marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea; "rabid isolationist".
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

I can't explain my situation for legal reasons, but I do want to grow but have to be careful not to be to known. (Hard to explain)

So I just want to advertise to car guys, customs, rice rockets, etc...

So my plan is to just hand out a business card to a custom cars owners. Then meet up with them and talk about procedures that I will provide for proper car care.