PDA

View Full Version : Backing Plate help

DogRescuer
05-14-2013, 07:34 PM
I will be purchasing the GG polisher kit with Megs products, it does not come with a 5" bp, so I want to buy one and some pads. First, can I buy any 5" bp for this machine or do I have to get a special one? Also what beginner pads would you pros recommend to get for the Meguiar products?

af90
05-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Any DA backing plate will work.

For Pads, Meguiars/Optimum microfiber pads work great (I'd recommend a backing plate with holes to ventilate heat buildup), or Lake Country Hydrotechs work great.

At least 2 of each type of pad that you plan on using

For MF pads : 2 Cutting/2 Finishing

If you get Lake Country Hydrotech: 2 of each color will work

DogRescuer
05-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Any DA backing plate will work.

For Pads, Meguiars/Optimum microfiber pads work great (I'd recommend a backing plate with holes to ventilate heat buildup), or Lake Country Hydrotechs work great.

At least 2 of each type of pad that you plan on using

For MF pads : 2 Cutting/2 Finishing

If you get Lake Country Hydrotech: 2 of each color will work
Thank you alot. I just received Megs window cleaner, it says dilute 10:1, is that 10 water to 1 cleaner, I'm confused?.

af90
05-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Thank you alot. I just received Megs window cleaner, it says dilute 10:1, is that 10 water to 1 cleaner, I'm confused?.Yep so 10 times more water than cleaner in the solution you mix.

So for a 16 ounce bottle you have (roughly) 14.5oz of water and 1.5oz of cleaner in it.

kevincwelch
08-20-2013, 09:38 PM
Any issue using the 6 inch backing plate on the Rupes 15ES? My initial thought is "no," but I want to make sure it doesn't cause problems with the motor due to weight, throw size, etc.

Evan.J
08-20-2013, 09:40 PM
Any issue using the 6 inch backing plate on the Rupes 15ES? My initial thought is "no," but I want to make sure it doesn't cause problems with the motor due to weight, throw size, etc.

Hmmmm I dont recall anyone using the larger BP on the 15 so I'm not sure if you would run into any issues or not.