PDA

View Full Version : Griot Paint Prep and/or Dawn

pasipple
05-14-2013, 06:37 PM
I'm going to do my first machine polish with the WG twins...and I need to strip the existing Zaino...so instead of using Dawn I saw some posts recommending Griot Paint Prep.

I orders some from AG and it'll be here this week...but my question is in regards to both the Griot Paint Prep and Dawn (I may use Dawn in the future).

Do Both products strip previously applied polish and waxes so well that it's just a spray on and a was off? Or do I need to aggressively scrub the vehicle? Really just wondering if I need to work the wash mitt back and forth a few times or numerous? I haven't seen the directions on the Paint Prep yet...so do I prep...rinse...then wash?

Considering I'm going to go at the paint with the Wolfgang Swirl Remover does it really matter if there is a little residual polish on there?

Thanks...

pasipple
05-14-2013, 10:05 PM
Bump....

Paul Mitchell
05-14-2013, 10:12 PM
Why not use both? Wash with Dawn then use Griot's Paint Prep and you should be ready for polish. There are some good videos on the Griot's website.

SYMAWD
05-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Just add a few ounces of APC to your normal shampoo, then wash as normal. No need to scrub.

rmagnus
05-14-2013, 10:25 PM
or just wash the car then clay because you should clay before machine polishing the car and the clay will strip any wax if not then machine polishing will do a nice clean up for you. I'd be more concerned with contaminents than the LSP before machine buffing.

poweraid
05-14-2013, 10:31 PM
u can wash as normal , u can add some dawn and even some apc into to wash bucket . u prob gonna have to clay ? which will remove some/all , but even then u are goin to polish and that will take off anything u got on .

pasipple
05-14-2013, 11:14 PM
Thanks Guys....

Mach1USMC
05-14-2013, 11:19 PM
or just wash the car then clay because you should clay before machine polishing the car and the clay will strip any wax if not then machine polishing will do a nice clean up for you. I'd be more concerned with contaminents than the LSP before machine buffing.

This exactly. If you're going to polish the car anyway doing so without claying is a recipe for disaster. (which strips the car all the way down regardless of what you wash with)

pasipple
05-15-2013, 12:44 AM
Yep...I am planning on claying. I'm going to try the Nanoskin Fine pads and the towel...just to see how they perform vs. clay.

This would be my first machine polish so I'm going all out. Clay, Iron-X, Tar-X, WG twins, WG Sealant, and Fuzion. My car is a new used Black 2010 Audi Q5. I'm hoping it will end up really really dope!