PDA

View Full Version : T-Shirts he uses T-Shirts.

runrun411
05-14-2013, 11:01 AM
Just another rant about people who don't know any better. I was talking with a guy over the weekend who has a Mazda SX 5 and an Altima. I noticed that his cars are pretty clean and the paint on them is in good condition. I told him I see how he likes to keep his cars clean and shiny, then I told him about my new found hobby, my obsession with detailing and the products. I told him about AG, the forum and all associated with my OCD for this. He started telling me his methods for waxing his cars. "I spend a lot of money at Kmart on T-Shirts" and I go to Auto Zone to buy J-Wax, Meguiars and some other brand that I don't remember. He said with a very proud tone in his voice "I own about 5 jars of wax". I had to use so much energy not to choke him about the T-Shirts, I just told him we gotta get together one day.

c8n
05-14-2013, 11:04 AM
maybe the t-shirts were made from microfiber? lol

Johnnyboy
05-14-2013, 11:11 AM
Using old 100% cotton t-shirts is old school!

conthedon
05-14-2013, 11:13 AM
How would the paint be in good condition if he uses tshirts and thats probably not even the worst part, I wonder how he washes. I would think it would be swirled out

c8n
05-14-2013, 11:15 AM
^ the guy has 5 jars of wax... i am sure he also owns some glaze in his arsenal

WantcarPerfect
05-14-2013, 11:50 AM
Yep; Old School. Back in the day I always asked for new cotton T-shirts for Christmas so when spring came I could use the old ones on the cars. Back then they were real cotton. Now I use microfiber, my wife still calls them my "car rags"

JDGolden
05-14-2013, 08:49 PM
I used cotton t shirts when I first started out. That was 12 years ago, though. Believe it or not my vehicles looked better than most on the road. lol.