PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean opti-coat foam applicator?

friendly_jacek
05-13-2013, 10:39 PM
I did a search and didn't find the answer. I understand that the OC 2.0 kit is enough for 2 cars. While I did find some info on how to store the syringe between jobs, there is nothing on the foam applicator. Water based wash? Petroleum solvents? Or disposable after one job?

Thanks!

bigbadbp7
05-13-2013, 10:42 PM
I did a search and didn't find the answer. I understand that the OC 2.0 kit is enough for 2 cars. While I did find some info on how to store the syringe between jobs, there is nothing on the foam applicator. Water based wash? Petroleum solvents? Or disposable after one job?

Thanks!
I am pretty sure its a one use deal. There are tons of other ways to use applicators to put it on. I have seen using a foam applicator stuck in a rubber glove and a blue shop towel wrapped around it then it being applied. Search for it.

Setec Astronomy
05-14-2013, 05:50 AM
I wash mine out with water after each use.

poweraid
05-14-2013, 06:49 AM
is not the idea of the foam applicator stuck into a rubber glove , wrapped with a blue shop paper towel is just to prevent soak in and wasted product ?

kimokalihi
05-14-2013, 08:25 AM
is not the idea of the foam applicator stuck into a rubber glove , wrapped with a blue shop paper towel is just to prevent soak in and wasted product ?

I believe you're right. I used a ton of it just to do the front end. Had to keep squirting it into the applicator or it kept running dry. I think it was soaking it all in too deep and wasting tons of expensive product. Don't see how you could do multiple cars with that applicator. Even more than one and I'd be surprised. I'm gonna try the towel method and rubber gloved applicator.