PDA

View Full Version : ONR before Menzerna PF2500

wanabe detailer
05-13-2013, 09:35 PM
I have light swirling and would like to correct with PF 2500. I would like to do ONR wash prior to correction. Would the wash be enough or do I have to remove existing wax, sealant with something else. Seems to me if polish will remove swirls it should easily cut through existing LSP.

poweraid
05-13-2013, 09:45 PM
I have light swirling and would like to correct with PF 2500. I would like to do ONR wash prior to correction. Would the wash be enough or do I have to remove existing wax, sealant with something else. Seems to me if polish will remove swirls it should easily cut through existing LSP.

light swirls and u need to use power finish ? do you have something with less cut to try first ? def do a wash before you polish , check to make sure if u need to clay also . polishing will remove your current lsp .

wanabe detailer
05-14-2013, 08:15 PM
poweraid, I will wash and clay. I just did not see the need to strip current lsp. I will probably also start with ccs white and Sf4500 to see if that works on swirls. Thanks for your reply

Andr3wilson
05-14-2013, 11:01 PM
Well Claying will strip the LSP itself. Personally when I am compounding or polishing I spritz the area with ONR to clean the dust, dirt, and compounding dust before I start polishing. It is good practice because it eliminates the chance of dirt getting into the pad.