PDA

View Full Version : Websites

stemyx
05-13-2013, 07:28 PM
Hi y'all, just wanted to ask a few questions about websites and for the people that own them:

1. How much do you pay a year to own one?

2. Is it a good way to advertise your business?

3. What is a good recommendable free website to provide services?

thanks in advance!!

Pureshine
05-13-2013, 08:00 PM
1. I pay $90 a year

2. yes very good way:)

3. ipage is what I use

stemyx
05-13-2013, 08:08 PM
1. I pay $90 a year

2. yes very good way:)

3. ipage is what I use

thanks! okay so what happens if they dont have the domain name that you want? do you have to come up with a new name?

Pureshine
05-13-2013, 09:16 PM
thanks! okay so what happens if they dont have the domain name that you want? do you have to come up with a new name?

Yes I bought 3 that where similar to mine so no one could use them. So my company name is Pure shine Auto Detailing but my website is Pure Shine Auto Detailing - Services (http://www.pureshinedetailing.com) and when the domain name came up to by pure shine auto detailing I bought it. The cool thing is if you type ether one in it goes to the one website.

Theo_Auto_Fines
05-13-2013, 09:40 PM
Hi y'all, just wanted to ask a few questions about websites and for the people that own them:

thanks in advance!!

Now are you fully established?

Theres really no point in paying to keep up a site when you are just starting.

I have a free Wix site and It works for me. Google and Yelp are also your good friends to advertise..

AeroCleanse
05-13-2013, 09:42 PM

thanks in advance!!

1. Whatever the domain reg fee was

2. Doesn't hurt

3. Weebly is what I use for my site and its free.

Pureshine
05-13-2013, 09:51 PM
I would say stay off of yelp all they do is call me ever week to pay for advertisement and if you don't pay for it all your 5 star will be filtered. Not having a website now days is just dumb really there cheap and easy to make.

stemyx
05-13-2013, 10:50 PM
Now are you fully established?

Theres really no point in paying to keep up a site when you are just starting.

I have a free Wix site and It works for me. Google and Yelp are also your good friends to advertise..

no, thats why i asked if there are any free website creators that i can use for a simple manner of showing people the pricing and my jobs completed. I just do car washes and mini details because im only 15 and cant go all mobile yet.

hernandez.art13
05-14-2013, 12:36 AM
no, thats why i asked if there are any free website creators that i can use for a simple manner of showing people the pricing and my jobs completed. I just do car washes and mini details because im only 15 and cant go all mobile yet.

Maybe Facebook? Make a new group on your account and post your stuff on there?

RhetoricMixes
05-14-2013, 12:43 AM

thanks in advance!!

1. About $90 a year

2. Is has brought me many customers and is a great way to show off your work

3. I use weebly to organize mine. I do pay for their pro service to get all their better features though but the free version is good as well

Kyle@PrecisionPolish
05-14-2013, 01:52 AM
Wix is free with the option to pay for add ons. Simple layouts that are easy to modify to your specific needs. Some templates have flash too which is a bonus.

AutowerxDetailing
05-14-2013, 02:52 AM
WordPress › Blog Tool, Publishing Platform, and CMS (http://wordpress.org/)

I did not use WordPress to design my site but I am looking into a re-design and I will be using WordPress when I do. I like the fact that the software allows for fluid updates and the ability to continuously grow your site content quickly, easily, and dynamically.

It basically does everything you could want it to and it's 100% free. All you have to do is buy a domain and setup a hosting service that is WordPress friendly and in a few hours you are live.

James,
05-14-2013, 05:33 AM
I found this inspiring - How To Make a Wordpress Website (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jv47_VIBOQ&list=PL949C5F1D1D04B9B6\)