PDA

View Full Version : Does an EIN have to be under the same name as a business license?

Romym
05-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Does an EIN have to be under the same name as a business license? because I am trying to open a mobile car wash as a partnership with a friend but need an EIN from the IRS but cant apply for one since I'm only 16.Feed back pleaseFeed back pleaseFeed back please

JLWinter
05-13-2013, 07:17 PM
Yes as a general rule.

jrs1418
05-14-2013, 05:24 AM
Hats off to you man! 16 years old and an entrepreneur, and looking to do it legally!

Maybe you should ask a parent to be a partner? You can set up an LLC or LLP. It might also help to have a parent with any kind of business insurance you might want to get as well.

Romym
05-14-2013, 09:33 AM
Hats off to you man! 16 years old and an entrepreneur, and looking to do it legally!

Maybe you should ask a parent to be a partner? You can set up an LLC or LLP. It might also help to have a parent with any kind of business insurance you might want to get as well.

So have me, my friend, and my mom as business partners? that's an idea. BTW does it matter what percentage of the business each person owns?

jrs1418
05-15-2013, 03:11 AM
Im sure it depends on what type of partnership you set up. I dont want to give wrong info so do some google searching, there's plenty of credible info out there.

Sinbad
05-15-2013, 03:39 AM
We have an LLC and my wife is listed as the person in charge, or President, if you will. It was recommended by our tax man to set it up that way. Women get better "perks" from businesses, the government and other financial considerations according to the tax man.

That may change from state to state but if you don't have a reputable tax person to speak to, you may want to ask around for one and get their professional opinion on what would be best for your situation. Whether that be an LLC, patrnership, etc.

JLWinter
05-15-2013, 08:41 AM
Percentage wise it makes no difference. But Have your mom listed as CEo , or president/owner. Women owned businesses get great incentives from most governments.