PDA

View Full Version : can pollen affect the curing of Wolfgang Sealant?

mets2010
05-13-2013, 03:18 PM
I applied Wolfgang's sealant to a car this weekend, washed, clayed and used pinnacle paintwork cleanser before and applied the sealant as per the directions and noticed the next day when I went to test the beading there was nothing, not even a drop of protection. Especially on the hood and roof, the side panels were decent but not great, the only thing I can think of is the pollen falling from the tree affected it. Anyone else have the same problem?

Finemess
05-13-2013, 03:25 PM
You do want to keep it dry while curing, I cant see pollen hurting it thou.

KillaCam
05-13-2013, 03:44 PM
Try washing the car and then see how it beads. The pollen might have a thick layer that is preventing the water from beading.

mwoolfso
05-13-2013, 04:55 PM
A fair enough pollen blast from the local flora would affect sealant durability; especially during the time it is curing. If you have a layer of pollen on the vehicle within the cure time period then that would be a worst case scenario. Trying a wash before you draw a final conclusion would be prudent.

mets2010
05-13-2013, 07:33 PM
I washed it 24 hours after applying and that's when I noticed there was no beading or anything on the hood or roof. The water was just flat and stuck to the paint. If it isn't the pollen. Any suggestions on the variable for it not adhering to the paint

duffthebluff
05-14-2013, 08:56 PM
Was also curious, what would happen if during curing time, it rained? Should you re apply the sealant after the rain?