PDA

View Full Version : Tricks to Keep Focus Sharp After the 5-6 Hour Mark

jbone
05-13-2013, 11:39 AM
Hey,
Personally I like to start early on day 1, and stick it out until most, or all, of the heavy lifting is done. I REALLY like having the car in the garage, a coffee in my hand, at 6am on day 2. We all have our preferences, and I don't want to entertain a new schedule, so my question is...
How do you guys keep the quality high when the day(s) are long? How do you keep your focus sharp?

Pureshine
05-13-2013, 11:53 AM
Two things are very important when working long days is eating and drinking lots of water. I listen to music to keep me going and change up the kind of music your listen to. I'm caffeine free for 4 years crap is so bad for you thats just me. When I do paint correction my days can be 12+ hours just remember to take breaks.

swanicyouth
05-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Drugs.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/14/8uvy5evu.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/14/ve4yzuju.jpg

cleanmycorolla
05-13-2013, 12:01 PM
Ritalin.....

Jk

Honestly if you have the time split it up, ensures a good job and you can avoid breaking your back!

Theo_Auto_Fines
I stay sharp because I love what I do.

RhetoricMixes
I find music does help out a ton. I also try to take a 10 min break every hour or so when doing the longer session details.

jbone
05-13-2013, 12:13 PM
I'm caffeine free for 4 years crap is so bad for you

how so?

jbone
05-13-2013, 12:20 PM

I was kinda assuming we were all lovin' it, but was wondering what tricks do people use to STAY with their A game for 2 days. Maybe it's just my mental fitness.

kimokalihi
05-13-2013, 12:25 PM
how so?

Caffine provides your body with zero energy. It brings to the table nothing. It simply forces the adrenal glands to pump out adrenaline which gives your bursts of energy only intended by nature to fight or flight in emergency situations for survival. But just as anything else in this world, if you overuse it, it wears out. The more you use it the less effective it is and you need more caffine to get the same high. Its hard on your organs to filter it out mainly your kidneys and I think it creates kidney stones as well which aren't fun. Its poisoning your body and should never be consumed.

kimokalihi
05-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Check out this dr. And his natural health videos.

[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q4s8kzCO8vM]Questions & Answers 138 - YouTube[/video]

GenesisCoupe
05-13-2013, 12:33 PM
If a job takes more than a day, i get a helper friend to do the interior while i do all the exterior work. I will still go over the interior but a little help is better than none. It speeds up the work and have more time to perfect it since some jobs i've done had to be returned by a certain time.

For 1 day jobs i do it all by myself and take very short breaks. Black coffee in the morning with light breakfast, drink water all day with a light lunch.

AutowerxDetailing
05-13-2013, 02:24 PM

This.

I've noticed that regardless of how much sleep I got the night before or how long my day is I am absolutely AMPED the entire time I'm detailing a customer's vehicle. Sometimes after about 6 hours straight polishing my left eye starts twitching... It's always my left. I should probably blink more LOL. :buffing:

Vegas Transplant
05-13-2013, 07:53 PM
If you're an enthusiast, satisfaction on a job well done is your reward. You know its potential, and previous condition. Nothing like a well blinged vehicle to tool around in.

:cruisin:
If you're in it for $$$, keep your mind on your money, and your money on your mind.

The best motivator that I can think of:

$