PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars NXT 2.0 a cleaner wax?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Saluki2003
05-13-2013, 10:41 AM
Just curious if Meguiars NXT is a cleaner wax?

Gonna detail Moms car for Mothers Day. I'm just gonna wash, dry, clay, wax. I'd like to use a cleaner wax or AIO to just make it shiny....she's not worried about show car finish.

Sent from my ADR6300 using AG Online

c8n
05-13-2013, 10:46 AM
NXT is not a cleaner wax.
It is a sealant actually.
If you want to stay with Meg's for an AOI, try Black or White Wax. I believe Black Wax has more oils and White Wax has more cleaner.

cplchris
05-13-2013, 10:46 AM
nxt 2.0 is not a cleaner wax

hernandez.art13
05-13-2013, 10:47 AM
This does say cleaner wax lol
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002NYE5M

I think i have seen this at my local pep boys...
What does a cleaner wax do exactly? How does it differentiate from a sealant or carnauba?

Evan.J
05-13-2013, 10:52 AM
Meguiar's Car Cleaner/Liquid Wax. 16 oz.:Amazon:Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002NYE5M)

What does a cleaner wax do exactly? How does it differentiate from a sealant or carnauba?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23263-difference-between-cleaner-wax-finishing-wax.html

There you go

szjalo
05-13-2013, 10:56 AM
Hey, I've been using NXT2.0 a while. it's not typically a cleaner wax. first of all, it does have minor cleaner in it, so it will actually remove any protection in prior to the application. it certainly can remove some minor surface contamination. second, it's not a wax, it's a sealant, since it's synthetic.

NXT2.0 gives you some insane shine for sure, and extremly easy to use. but the durability is kinda ridiculously short. I am in Texas, the shine starts to fade in 2 weeks, and the beading will generally gone within 4 weeks. considering it's around 20+ bucks a bottle I wont say it's a good deal

non-biased opinion

c8n
05-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Meguiar's Car Cleaner/Liquid Wax. 16 oz.:Amazon:Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002NYE5M)

It's basically a AIO as it has a little cutting ability.

c8n
05-13-2013, 11:10 AM
I hope the below link clarifies regarding the NXT

The debate of cleaners in NXT Tech Wax 2.0 (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?47404-The-debate-of-cleaners-in-NXT-Tech-Wax-2-0)

hernandez.art13
05-13-2013, 11:24 AM
Hey, I've been using NXT2.0 a while. it's not typically a cleaner wax. first of all, it does have minor cleaner in it, so it will actually remove any protection in prior to the application. it certainly can remove some minor surface contamination. second, it's not a wax, it's a sealant, since it's synthetic.

NXT2.0 gives you some insane shine for sure, and extremly easy to use. but the durability is kinda ridiculously short. I am in Texas, the shine starts to fade in 2 weeks, and the beading will generally gone within 4 weeks. considering it's around 20+ bucks a bottle I wont say it's a good deal

non-biased opinion

If you work for an AutoBody then it's a great deal. Lol

Theo_Auto_Fines
05-13-2013, 12:03 PM
Its a sealant. Its also great for hiding blemishes on dark colored cars.

Setec Astronomy
05-13-2013, 12:08 PM
This may have been covered in the linked articles, but yes it has cleaners, no, it's not a "cleaner wax". The cleaners in the product are to promote bonding of the product, not to provide any real cleaning or correction. The importance of products of this type containing cleaners, vs. a "pure" wax or sealant, is that the presence of cleaners generally makes these products more prone to staining rubber and plastic trim, and makes excess more visible in cracks and crevices.

mwoolfso
05-13-2013, 12:12 PM
From a marketing perspective NXT 2.0 is a cleaner/wax.

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/g12718-nxt-generationreg-tech-waxreg-20/

From a technical perspective, the more synthetic polymers are used in a product (as opposed to carnauba), then the more it would trend towards a cleaner/sealant. I don't know if NXT 2.0 has any carnauba in it. I heard that it doesn't; so odds are more of a sealant than a wax. There is nothing wrong with either category.

RTexasF
05-13-2013, 12:43 PM
If anyone bothers to read the link in post #8 Mike Phillips plainly states:

"I know that NXT 2.0 was not just tweaked when they reformulated but reformulated from the ground up.

The current NXT 2.0 is not a cleaner/wax as it not intended to restore neglected paint and if fact if your car's paint is neglected then you should first use a paint cleaner, polish or compound to restore a clear, defect free finish."

Couldn't be more clear to me. You'll pardon me if I believe Mike as opposed to others here claiming the contrary.

FUNX650
05-13-2013, 12:56 PM

"I know that NXT 2.0 was not just tweaked when they reformulated but reformulated from the ground up.

The current NXT 2.0 is not a cleaner/wax as it not intended to restore neglected paint and if fact if your car's paint is neglected then you should first use a paint cleaner, polish or compound to restore a clear, defect free finish."

Couldn't be more clear to me.
You'll pardon me if I believe Mike as opposed to others here claiming the contrary.

^^^:iagree:^^^........Thanks Rick!! :props:

@OP, Saluki2003 :

Since an AIO (or cleaner wax) is what you want<<<(per your below post):

I'd like to use a cleaner wax or AIO to just make it shiny....she's not worried about show car finish.

I suggest to use one of these products:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Meg_s_Black-White-M12waxcomparison1.png

:)

Bob

mwoolfso
05-13-2013, 05:01 PM

Couldn't be more clear to me. You'll pardon me if I believe Mike as opposed to others here claiming the contrary.

I wouldn't say Mike is wrong at all.

I would say that if you are going to restore neglected paint, you would NEVER use a cleaner wax unless it had strong AIO properties.... and even then you should probably move in the direction he states. There really aren't that many cleaner/wax's out there that would restore neglected paint.

In my mind, a cleaner/wax maintains good paint and would not be used in any of my processes for neglected paint. Neglected.... to me.... would trend more towards a correction type of detail; again as Mike illustrates.

NXT 2.0 is a synthetic cleaner/wax in my opinion. It's also OTC retail which usually has some cleaning ability. Mother's has a couple of product lines that also fits within Mike's statements as well. Synwax FX is probably on par with NXT 2.0 in every way; fully synthetic wax with mild cleaners.