PDA

View Full Version : MF Pads on Griots DA

KneeDragr
05-13-2013, 09:06 AM
Is it just my unit or are these pads much easier to slow rotation? I tried them out this weekend on the hood of my DD. I couldent wax it for 3 months due to a repaint, so it got waterspots and a scratch during that time.

This was my first time using MF pads, used the Lake County ones.

With a foam pad, you really have to push hard to get the rotation to slow, but with the MF pads, it didnt take much pressure at all, maybe 1/3 the force. It actually made it easier to work though.

It made quick work of the defects, the scratch was gone after 1 pass ( test pass ) @3500, the watermarks took 2 at 4500 ( did the rest of the hood like that ). Usually the foam takes 3 passes at 4500 just to remove light swirls.

I was using Wolfgang total swirl remover. I didnt need a finishing polish, paint looked showroom.

Pureshine
05-13-2013, 11:06 AM
Yes MF pads take less pressure and less speed. The key to MF pads is just to keep them clean.

KneeDragr
05-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Speaking of cleaning, Ive read you can throw them in the washing machine with the rest of your microfibers? Or was that BS?

Pureshine
05-13-2013, 11:58 AM
I have OCD so I wash them a lone but you can wash with other towels.

cardaddy
05-13-2013, 10:49 PM
Speaking of cleaning, Ive read you can throw them in the washing machine with the rest of your microfibers? Or was that BS?

Oh noooooo.... I wouldn't go that far. They are much better of washed by hand, imho. ;) Now you might wash them with less than paint quality towels, and on delicate at best. I just find it easier to wash them by hand. Especially as you can do an entire vehicle with 2 or 3 (for compounding) which makes it a fairly quick wash.:xyxthumbs:

WRAPT C5Z06
05-13-2013, 10:53 PM
MF pads create more drag on the paint. Make sure you clean them on the fly after every section. Use them at 4800+ OPM.

parkerslade
05-13-2013, 10:55 PM
These are the microfiber cutting pads right?

Is there really a difference between Meg's MF-CP and LC MF-CP?

Pureshine
05-14-2013, 02:03 AM
These are the microfiber cutting pads right?

Is there really a difference between Meg's MF-CP and LC MF-CP?

Everyone has the opinion which is better I use Meg's.