PDA

View Full Version : Zierbart Detailing

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

darknight6821
05-12-2013, 10:56 PM
Does anyone have experience with or know much about Zierbart (www.zierbart.com) ? Two weeks ago I purchased a 2013 F-150 and under some pressure elected to pay the extra for their "Diamond Gloss" paint protection, along with undercoating rust protection, seat and carpet protection, etc. This vehicle is tuxedo black so I really want to take good care of it to avoid swirls, etc. It wasn't until after that I found this great site and began learning so much about doing this on your own. Tomorrow is my appointment, so the question is... Should I go through with it or is it a bad idea? I don't want to have a coating applied that is not any better than doing things myself and I'm scared that the technician won't have a clue what they are doing and swirl up my paint, etc. Have to take her in tomorrow morning so please give some advice! Thanks

Rayaz
05-12-2013, 11:43 PM
I'd take a pass. I'm sure they are using acceptable products but I'm also sure you are over-paying. Get your money back and buy some quality material here and have some fun before they install some swirls in your new truck.

There are some excellent coatings available at AG and they are going to give far better protection than anything the dealer is going to do. If they aren't doing a proper wash and decontamination, you're buying a $900 wax job that will be no better than what you can do with Turtle wax and an old t-shirt.

bootstrap
05-12-2013, 11:44 PM
I'd pass also..

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Pureshine
05-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Have you payed for it yet?

darknight6821
05-12-2013, 11:58 PM
Swirling up the paint is definitely what I'm worried about... Ziebart claims to be using a "proprietary technology" for a sealant that isn't wax or silicon polish. This is supposed to last one year (and of course you have to re-apply it yearly for over $100) They are also supposed to put on a "rain repellant", "fabric protection", and "rust protection" and "underbody sound barrier". From reading here, this is all things I can learn to do myself and save money. I know they wash, clay bar, and polish as part of the procedure. Overall, I know that I'm getting screwed out of money but do you think I can do a comparable or even better job as a newbie? The price of this package was included in my loan so not sure if I can even back out of it...

Regency
05-13-2013, 12:51 AM
Pass!

hernandez.art13
05-13-2013, 01:02 AM
Maybe you have an older beat up car that you can take instead? 😄

darknight6821
05-13-2013, 01:09 AM
That's a great idea, but I do not...

After receiving some guidance from a fellow forumite, it seems like the zierbart product is very similar to Zainos being a polymer. As long as these people are professional and don't swirl my great paint I'll live with being screwed out of alot of money if I have to... This supposively includes a swirl and scratch warranty so I'll look into that.

I suppose that once this wears off, I can clay bar and polish to take the rest off and do my own thing with a new sealant? Hopefully I can get my money back but all in all, if the product doesn't hurt the paint and they do a good job I'll deal with the money lost. I can still experiment with waxes on top I imagine? Thanks

hernandez.art13
05-13-2013, 01:34 AM
I assume yes... (Sealant)

If they don't use fillers and the paint was 100% swirl free. Opti coat would be something I would look into. (Not recommending you do)

If you are going to take the hit, (I have learned that I am different) but maybe they would let you watch step by step an explain the process to you. (Step by step) as long as you dont go asking questions and slowing them down?

darknight6821
05-13-2013, 01:45 AM
I'll definitely try to.watch the process , thanks. What is a filler ? I keep hearing great things about the product you mentioned

hernandez.art13
05-13-2013, 02:01 AM
I'm not a veteran like a lot of these guys here.

Umm... Let me try to explain this.

Hmm... Imagine a leak on a water hose. The filler would be duct tape. So you tape up the leak and viola it's fixed. Until normal wear and tare start. It looks pretty and works great) but isn't a proper fix

Like this...

I shined it up, but it will he fading again.

hernandez.art13
05-13-2013, 02:08 AM
From what I understand a filler can just be a masking process.

Not 100% sure maybe someone can chime in and help him out?

Pureshine
05-13-2013, 02:26 AM
Wow! just looked at their website this is a first for me they offer Financing. Not sure how much they charge but it has to be a lot to offer that.

Hazcat
05-13-2013, 03:44 AM
They do good rust proofing and that's where they got their start a lifetime ago. They will drill holes in places that don't have access and put in rubber plugs. If that's a concern I'd ask them where they plan on drilling. The sound proofing will drip for a few days and you'll smell it for a week or so. I don't know about their fabric protection but I'm sure you could do the same thing with a few cans of scotchguard. I have no idea about the paint protection.

hoyt66
05-13-2013, 04:34 AM
Take it from experience. PASS! I did the same thing with a 2008 Black FX4. I paid dearly for the whole ball of wax. This was pre AG days. If I knew then what I know now. Its a total rip off! Spend the money on supplies. Its more rewarding to do it yourself.