PDA

View Full Version : New Here ! couple of questions.

DC2Integ
05-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Hi just joined after ordering a california car duster from the site so does anybody have any opinions about this product ? like if it worked lol. i havent tried it out because my car is dirty and i want to wait untill i wash it. also what is the best microfiber towel that i can use for wax on and off and also polishing and buffing.

Rsurfer
05-24-2007, 11:21 PM
Hi just joined after ordering a california car duster from the site so does anybody have any opinions about this product ? like if it worked lol. i havent tried it out because my car is dirty and i want to wait untill i wash it. also what is the best microfiber towel that i can use for wax on and off and also polishing and buffing.

Sorry can't help you out on the cal. duster. Don't have one. I personally would rather use a qd like cystal mist and a mf towel for light dust. As far as mf goes, corbras seem to be the best. You can use the jrs. or the plush they are all great for cleaning, removing wax and buffing.

richy
05-24-2007, 11:23 PM
Let me be the 1st to welcome you to AG. I will suggest (and so will others) that you use the search function a lot. Just about every question you can think of has already been asked and answered. The duster should only be used with very, very light pressure and only on a dusty surface. Washing a car is dangerous enough if not done well. A CD can really mess up your finish if one is not careful. Learn about the 2 bucket method and clean your ride safely. Again..welcome:cheers:

D
05-24-2007, 11:39 PM
I dont like the Cali duster. Rather use a QD with microfiber for VERY little dust, or wash the car.

guidosrx8
05-25-2007, 12:34 AM
I would use a quick detailer... to risky with a cal duster...plus the guys and ladies on here are not your run o the mill car washers. they are pretty hard core. ;) go with cobra towels...they are nice

tod071
05-25-2007, 01:08 AM
I've used it and found that it should only be used on a daily basis right after cleaning the car. If not, the build up will cause damage, light light scratches that could get worse.
I don't use any pressure on it. Just let it glide and lift the dust. If you go more than a day without using it, dont. QD w/ MF is the only solution after that.

ScottB
05-25-2007, 06:44 PM
only use duster on very light dust , and never on pollen which is abrasive. I use mine to remove lint after removing the car cover.

alban61
05-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Welcome to AG!!
I have the Cali duster. It works for me. Like tod071 said, "don't use any pressure on it. Just let it glide and lift the dust". I use it daily, when I get home from work. And then QD w/ Cobra plush MF towel.
Follow the instructions that come with the Cali duster........wrapping it in newspaper etc. to get rid of the excess wax. If you don't, it'll be some nasty streaking.

bambo2888
05-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Yea, welcome!

I'm going to have to agree with the others, QD is a much better alternative to the Cali Duster. Consider Pinnacle's Liquid Souveran Spray or Crystal Mist on any of the cobra MF towels. There are all very good, but the best choices would be either of the blues, a miracle green, or the bigger blue with the satin seam.

Good luck!