PDA

View Full Version : Interior Cleaning Question

ARizzle
05-12-2013, 01:35 PM
If I have a VX-5000 steamer, will that act as a de-odorizer for the interior? A potential customer has inquired about an odor removal service, and I don't know if the steamer will do the job or if I should invest in both CarPro So2Pure for the carpets and Einszett Klima Cleaner for the vents.

Oh, and Happy mother's day to all!

VP Mark
05-12-2013, 01:43 PM
The steam will work but odds are you will need some sort of chemical added to the process to aid in killing the odor causing bacteria. I would suggesting you plan on doing these jobs regularly to invest in a gallon of Shok from DrivePur. It is an amazing product that will kill almost any non nicotine based odor.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

parkerslade
05-12-2013, 01:48 PM
If I have a VX-5000 steamer, will that act as a de-odorizer for the interior? A potential customer has inquired about an odor removal service, and I don't know if the steamer will do the job or if I should invest in both CarPro So2Pure for the carpets and Einszett Klima Cleaner for the vents.

Check out this video Larry @ AMMOnyc did on Interiors with Steam, should shed some light. Of course he uses an Ozone machine in the end, but I believe he does say that Steam does most of the work.

Interior Smoke Removal Tricks: Mercedes AMG G55 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/MjHEcPcTJTE)

Pureshine
05-12-2013, 01:48 PM
This is what I use for odor removal and yes a steamer will remover in the carpet and seats but not through the air return where a lot of oder is.
1Z einszett Klima-Cleaner - A/C Odor + Bacteria Cleaner - Easy to Use (6.8 fl oz)

AeroCleanse
05-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Steam will deodorize the interior, but you have to ensure you remove the source material that's causing the smell.

ARizzle
05-13-2013, 06:59 AM
Thanks guys!